Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Skype users? enlighten me

enlighten me on skype

they say this and that is free but then you have to pay for other crap?

SkypeIn - free unlimited incoming calls?

SkypeOut - $3 per month unlimited outgoing calls. to 1 number? or unlimited numbers?

what else do I need to know? Can I just use my computer with speakers and a microphone? or do I HAVE to buy a phone?

TIA

I use it all the time for international calls with my lady (studying abroad). Mic and speakers work fine, and no, you don't have to buy a phone. Some cell phones with windows mobile actually support a skype mobile (like my tmobile dash), which is pretty cool.

As for the other stuff. If you only plan on talking to someone with skype, everything is free. If you plan on calling cell phones, landlines, etc. it's extra. The rates are pretty cheap.. 2 cents a minute for many places and not much more for other places. I just buy credit whenever I need it. 10 bucks usually last me 2-3 weeks. But it all depends on how often you call normal numbers. Hope this helps. Lmk if you have anymore questions.

Comment

Originally posted by volta06 View Post
      If you plan on calling cell phones, landlines, etc. it's extra. The rates are pretty cheap.. 2 cents a minute for many places and not much more for other places. I just buy credit whenever I need it. 10 bucks usually last me 2-3 weeks. But it all depends on how often you call normal numbers. Hope this helps. Lmk if you have anymore questions.
      Im guessing skypeOut gives you unlimited out calling to cellphones, landlines, etc. @ the $3 flat rate instead of .02/min right? but for the $3 you only get unlimited calling to one number?

Comment

Hmm.. not really sure about that. Like I said, the credit works fine for my purposes. So, I don't really make use of any of those services

Comment

well... i may have to give the free account a try and have some peeps call me

Comment

Working...
          X