melatonin... who uses it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

melatonin... who uses it?

i took some melatonin last night right before i planned on going to bed. normally i hop into bed and my brain is still really 'active'. i usually think about all the stressful stuff, things i'd like to get done, or recent events.

but last night about 10 mins after taking melatonin i get into bed and notice i'm not really thinking about anything, everything just sounded so damn quiet. best feeling ever.

i also need like 9 hours of sleep. i've tried everything, from different beds to sleep schedules, but last night felt like i really slept with 6-7 hours. who uses melatonin or something like it?

cliffs: used melatonin, will take again! A+++++++++
    91 m3

I've used it when traveling to help overcome jet lag, but never used it regularly at home. I wouldn't recommend taking it (or any sleeping aid/med) too often because you might become 'Dependant' and could have trouble sleeping without it.

Comment

It's a naturally occuring chemical in your body, similar to Trypto. in turkey. Its a non-habit forming sleep aid, sold in homeopathic and vitamin stores. After taking it regularly you will notice more vivid and memorable dreams. I also recomend a regimin of 5-HTP, a seritonin boosting supliment. I have been taking these two as a good over the counter method to deal with sleep and mood issues.

(not verified by FDA, only me and my family, using these two for years now.)

Comment

Every couple of months, my sleep cycles wig out, and I can't get to sleep for more than an hour a night. When this happens, I cycle on to some Melatonin for about 2 weeks, and everything regulates back out. It's definetly nice when you can only get 5-6 hours of sleep tops, it leaves me as rested as if I had slept for 8 or 9.

-Charlie
        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
        FYYFF

Comment

Take it about 10 minutes before an arguement and see what happens. Your calmness and mild sense of cognitave reasoning will frustrate the other person who is screaming their lungs out.

Comment

used to work well. got used to it...

Here is what I do now.

Shower. 10 minutes of nothing important. Glass of milk. Socks on. lights out crawl in bed. If Blunt does not keep me awake that usually does it.

The socks just before bed really does it. the warming of your feet is a natural sleep starter.

Comment

Originally posted by kylebes1 View Post

Here is what I do now.

Shower. 10 minutes of nothing important. Glass of milk. Socks on. lights out crawl in bed. If Blunt does not keep me awake that usually does it.

The socks just before bed really does it. the warming of your feet is a natural sleep starter.
              socks in bed are a fucking turn off. you killed our relationship with them and that is the reason i dont bother you anymore.

sleep well you lonely bastard
              We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

you don't want to get caught in the "sock gap". Nothing kills the mood like a naked man in socks.
                Current Cars
                2014 M235i
                2009 R56 Cooper S
                1998 M3
                1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                  Every couple of months, my sleep cycles wig out, and I can't get to sleep for more than an hour a night. When this happens, I cycle on to some Melatonin for about 2 weeks, and everything regulates back out. It's definetly nice when you can only get 5-6 hours of sleep tops, it leaves me as rested as if I had slept for 8 or 9.

-Charlie
                  i've noticed my sleep cycle changing. but i definitely don't want to depend on something either, as nice as it was.
                  Originally posted by Jscotty View Post
                  Take it about 10 minutes before an arguement and see what happens. Your calmness and mild sense of cognitave reasoning will frustrate the other person who is screaming their lungs out.
                  :rofl: noted.
                  Originally posted by kylebes1 View Post

Here is what I do now.

dude, i don't know how you sleep with socks on (unless i'm drunk). i can't do it, i hate the way my feet feel in the morning.

i'm jealous that blunt tells you bed time storys. maybe i can talk that big teddy bear permit to come over.
                  91 m3

Comment

where do i get this shit?

socks look like white trash when nekkid.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                      It's a naturally occuring chemical in your body, similar to Trypto. in turkey. Its a non-habit forming sleep aid, sold in homeopathic and vitamin stores. After taking it regularly you will notice more vivid and memorable dreams. I also recomend a regimin of 5-HTP, a seritonin boosting supliment. I have been taking these two as a good over the counter method to deal with sleep and mood issues.

(not verified by FDA, only me and my family, using these two for years now.)

Hey Mudflaps, is that NOB ? (Nawss Osama Bin)

Comment

osama bin greddy, drifting the streets of dubai scheming up new ways to spend our gas money on rocket propelled grenades and hand jobs from 12 year old boys.

Comment

It was a response to the drift sig. NOB = No One Better, or his real name, Nobuteru Taniguchi...

OT: the carerra GT and M5 drift video knocked off my socks... no pun intended mudflaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                            It was a response to the drift sig. NOB = No One Better, or his real name, Nobuteru Taniguchi...

idk, i never saw it.

Comment

Never heard of Melatonin up until this point, will look it up.
                              EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin Not recommended for asthmatic persons.

Originally posted by mudflaps View Post
                              where do i get this shit?

socks look like white trash when nekkid.
                              Throw in a beer-belly there would ya!
                              Last edited by mtechnik; 08-28-2007, 01:30 PM.

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Working...
                              X