Do you ever SHOW your college degree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you ever SHOW your college degree?

Ok, so I was wondering.... There are a few jobs I know I can do. But alot of the prerequisites are you need a BA/BS in a related field. Now how many of you actually have a degree, and have had to prove it when applying for a job? This is probably a very stupid question. But if I can get away with this for another 2 years, til I really DO finish getting a degree, itd be great.

So do they ask to see the actually degree, your college transcripts or what?
    Originally posted by blunt
    i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

You are retarded
    Originally posted by NavyE30
    I saw Vlad was posting and got excited. Then I saw there weren't any boobs and was sad.

Comment

I wouldn't lie to them. Let them know that you are pursuing this field and where you are going to school etc. They might be looking for someone with some experience but could be trained as well. If they are not interested find a short term job and finish up that degree.
      :: PNW Crew ::
      '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Its a serious question. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I didnt expect to not have a job lol. Hopefully all goes well with BMW, so I dont need to do this. But I am looking into some options.
        i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
          I wouldn't lie to them. Let them know that you are pursuing this field and where you are going to school etc. They might be looking for someone with some experience but could be trained as well. If they are not interested find a short term job and finish up that degree.
          Damn you. Thats what I was thinking as well. Most places might give me a shot since Im working on said degree.

Comment

I've never been asked to show my credentials, however, I have heard of instances where employers will go back and the validity of the information. A friend of mine works at IBM and he told me about a guy that came into the company at the management level and after he was promoted to executive level management, they fired him because they found out that he didn't have the master's degree that he indicated on his resume 4 years earlier.

So I suggest that if you lie to get into a position, always be prepared to get fired when (or if) they find out. Also, don't bring too many personal things to work and don't build any co-worker relationships outside of work.

Comment

from reading your different posts I would be more worried about the piss test with the stuff you have been smoking...

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
                from reading your different posts I would be more worried about the piss test with the stuff you have been smoking...
                Originally posted by NavyE30
                I saw Vlad was posting and got excited. Then I saw there weren't any boobs and was sad.

Comment

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
                  So do they ask to see the actually degree, your college transcripts or what?
                  You do realize that most major colleges have a department for this very thing, right? Any background agency can pretty much call to verify any aspect of your college career.

-Charlie
                  Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                  '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                  FYYFF

Comment

i carry it in my wallet for just that reason
                    sigpic

Comment

Most industries don't ask. I work in pharmaceuticals though, and boy do they check -- sealed transcript at interview, and pinkerton's do a check on everything from your degree to how much you made three jobs ago just to confirm you weren't "inflating" come offer time.

Comment

I have had to send in exact co[;ies of my fnished transecript if not official copies for the 2 real jobs hat I've had since college. (in the Biology field) where other agencies check on their cred. Stop being lazy and finish your degree.

Comment

Working...
                        X