Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody know anything about Spartan college of aviation in Tulsa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody know anything about Spartan college of aviation in Tulsa?

Well... I've always been a fanatic and crazy about aircraft, I have a history of pilots in my family, so I just have to be a pilot... I don't see myself being anywhere else! So, anybody know anything about spartan college, or Tulsa?
    sigpic

First question!

How much for what?

Comment

elaborate the question please! ;)

P.S. i thought about that this wasn't the right place to ask this question... i guess I was right, but you never know!
      Last edited by PУCCKAЯ_e30ka; 09-11-2007, 11:34 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

The question is, " How much money is it going to cost to get your ratings, how many hours total will you have, where will you able to apply for a job as a pilot with those hours, what are their min's, is there a degree, are you willing to work long hours for low pay for an undetermied amount of time at a domicile of their choosing and how do you define quality of life?"

I fly freight and love flying. The industry has changed so much I don't know if I could recommend avaition as a career.

My personal thoughts are, get your ratings the cheapest way you can, A non-degreed academy is a huge waste of money. In the final equation it boils down to how many hours do you have and how many hours does a company require to hire you. Where and how much it cost you to get your ratings "do not matta" one damn bit.

For exmple, a lot of the regionals will hire you with 300 total and a multi rating. To me that is very scary. Its like giving someone an F1 who only has a learners permit. BTW, that same regional packs the plane full of people and prays you and the Captain have enough experience and knowledge to handle anything that comes along.

Go to an aviation college and get the ratings, degree and flight instruct first. I am glad I am a pilot and don't see myself doing anything else. For the new guy, do the research. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X