lol at ben carufel i can has more megapixels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol at ben carufel i can has more megapixels

Hasselblad may have already hit 39 megapixels more than a year ago, but that doesn't make the company's new H3D II DSLR any less impressive, which hits that same mark with a few other improvements. Those include a new 3-inch display, which promises both a clearer view of images and lower power consumption, as well as an apparently revamped menu system that'll let you tweak settings using the thumbwheel controls on the camera. Otherwise, you can expect just about everything you could ask for in a $37,000 camera, including 48x36 mm CCD image sensors (the largest currently available), a Global Image Locator that tags photos with the exact geographic co-ordinates at the time they were taken, and an array of features that promise to keep your shots free of noise and moiré effects, to name just a few. What's more, if 39 megapixels and $37k is just a bit too much for you, you can opt for one of two lesser models that Hasselblad's also just introduced, including the 31 megapixel H3D-31II ($30,000) and the 22 megapixel H3D-22II ($25,000).

Hasselblad may have already hit 39 megapixels more than a year ago, but that doesn't make the company's new H3D II DSLR any less impressive, which hits that same mark with a few other improvements. Those include a new 3-inch display, which promises both a clearer view of images and lower power consumption, as well as an apparently revamped menu system that'll let you tweak settings using the thumbwheel controls on the camera. Otherwise, you can expect just about everything you could ask for in a $37,000 camera, including 48x36 mm CCD image sensors (the largest currently available), a Global Image Locator that tags photos with the exact geographic co-ordinates at the time they were taken, and an array of features that promise to keep your shots free of noise and moiré effects, to name just a few. What's more, if 39 megapixels and $37k is just a bit too much for you, you can opt for one of two lesser models that Hasselblad's also just introduced, including the 31 megapixel H3D-31II ($30,000) and the 22 megapixel H3D-22II ($25,000).
    sigpic

...end

Comment

um... what kinda memory cards does that use? and why is it roughly $1017.60 per megapixel?
      Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

wow...:bow::eeek:

Comment

It is the rolex, the uber of all camera manufacturers, special type of lens configuration also I believe. It would make most in the know photographers bust a collective load. Its kinda like sleeping with jessica alba.

Comment

does this mean you now know how to take decent shots?
            San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

not really i just know how to quote gadget blogs.
              sigpic

Comment

I saw someone using one of those today...I thought it was a video camera.

Comment

that thing will be 299.00 at best buy next year and most on here still wont be able to afford it
                  We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                  www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

The Hassie is a piece of crap in my opinion. The back we use (which is also 39 megapixels) is a Phase One P45+...basically the same Kodak Dalsa chip, but the Dutch company Phase One destroys Hasselblad for build quality of the digital back. The Hasselblad digital backs are in actuality just Leaf medium format capture backs with a special case so that they match the exterior finish of the Hasselblad body -- seriously. It's just a Leaf Aptus back made to look nice with the Hasselblad :). This is thanks to Hasselblad's merger with Imacon (Leafs parent company) a few years back.

But really, the Phase One backs are much better made. Ours is just a work of art.

Last but not least, don't expect that Hasselblad back to ship anytime soon. The camera itself is most likely already available, but the digital back is a long ways off methinks. When Phase One announced the P45 two years ago we were one of the first to sign up for one, and it's JUST NOW being delivered to its first customers...

Redonkulous.

Comment

Originally posted by silversleeper View Post
                      um... what kinda memory cards does that use? and why is it roughly $1017.60 per megapixel?
                      There are two ways to shoot a medium format digital back -- tethered to a laptop, and untethered.

When tethered to a laptop, all the images you're shooting are stored on the hard drive of the computer. You're also looking at a preview image as large as your screen -- much better than the small, crappy monitors on digital backs.

Now, if you want to shoot while out walking around, you can simply toss a compact flash card in and go for it. Each RAW image from a 39 megapixel back is roughly 30-35mb, so you can fit quite a few on a 4gb CF card.

As far as why it's so expensive -- QUALITY. We own a $7,000 Canon 1DSMkII with all sorts of expensive glass, and NONE of it can come close to the quality we get from the chip in the Phase One back and the Zeiss glass that is used with the Contax medium format camera we attach our Phase One back to.

Comment

i got my camera from wal mart. it takes pictures.
                        ________
                        Buy Vaporizer
                        Last edited by dvs909; 03-03-2011, 05:57 AM.

Comment

^lol

ya you'd have to be in the top 1/1000 of 1% of photographers to actually appreciate a camera like that. I'd consider a 1DsMkII to be THE professional camera, so something like that Phase One must be simply mind-blowing.

That being said, I'm pretty happy with my XTi and 24-105 L :)

Comment

All I hear is "blah blah blah this camera compensates for my lack of masculinity..."

;)
                            '89 325i track sloot
                            '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Megapixels? More like Megadorks...

;)
                              1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                              Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Working...
                              X