cleaning puke out of seats/carpets/vents/ etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cleaning puke out of seats/carpets/vents/ etc

uhh Bacardi 151 was evil to me last night and i yakked all over my sisters VW golf (serves the fuckin car right) unfortunately i got it pretty much everywhere, seats, down some vents, carpet etc. i can imagine shampoo will work for most but how the fuck do i get it out of the vents?
    ________
    Vaporizor
    Last edited by dvs909; 03-03-2011, 06:11 AM.

drink a bunch of simple green and vomit it into the vents.
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

um, disassemble the dash? why didn't you just try to contain the puke to the footwell?

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by dvs909 View Post
        uhh Bacardi 151 was evil to me last night and i yakked all over my sisters VW golf (serves the fuckin car right) unfortunately i got it pretty much everywhere, seats, down some vents, carpet etc. i can imagine shampoo will work for most but how the fuck do i get it out of the vents?
        n00b
        PNW Crew
        90 m3
        06 m5

Comment

the problem will be the smell of it not the cleaning. i'd use normal cleaner/shampoo for it first or ask someone who cleans cars at work.

i know that we got a VW van at work and the owners' kids puked into the seat cases. at the end we removed the cloth and put a new one on the seat but i have to say that the puke was allready dried. the puked into the seats a long time before but nobody noticed it.
          *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

pics of sis?
            Srsly, your screwed.
            Yours truly,
            Rich
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Rigmaster
            you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Theres not going to be any way to get that smell out. The acids eat into the materials and so does the smell.
              Were you driving? I remember a car that had this happen. It went really cheap on auction a few weeks later
              sigpic

Comment

To clean the vents you need to buy a product that has active enzymes in it. Something that you would use to stop odors in sinks would be a good place to start. If you have an Oreck store nearby you can buy commercial quality stuff there, otherwise look for it at Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Do not think Febreze will kill it, you need something that will actually eat the bacteria and whatnot that you sprayed everywhere.

Tim

(Not an intentional plug for Oreck, but I know we have the product. It's called Enzyme Odor Eater. Here's a LINK.)
                Last edited by VacMan; 10-25-2007, 11:09 AM.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
                MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
                | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

or ask someone who cleans houses/rooms where someone got killed/died. they should have the product that kills the enzymes.
                  *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by AC Nico View Post
                    or ask someone who cleans houses/rooms where someone got killed/died. they should have the product that kills the enzymes.
                    I believe mythbusters covered something like this when they put that dead pig in that corvette
                    sigpic

Comment

Pay a shop. It sounds like a cop-out, but if you can find a place that says they'll get it out, and give it to you in writing, it will be less than your time buying stuff, renting stuff & disassembling your sisters car.

It sounds like you got a seat or two coming out, and when I was a detailer as a kid, I really never got stuff fully out of carpet unless I gutted the car & pressure washed with detergent the carpet & floormats.

Or let her puke in your car, even the score.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Here's what your going to do...

Buy a bottle of vodka, get your sister drunker than all hell, take her for a joy ride in her own car...watch her spew all of the car, then blame her...keep it in your pants too. She might be drunk enough not to remember, but that's just uncalled for.
                        www.ryanwhopkins.com

Comment

+1 for paying to have it done. When its all said and done you might as well just foot the bill for that after buying all the cleaning supplies and renting steam cleaners its not gonna be much more.

I picked up my sisters boyfriend after he unloaded his stomach all over her car, and broke into his apartment for him. But her car was nasty. Lucky most of it ended up on the floor mats which she just threw away, the door card was pretty sick and it never really came out.

Also +2 for pics of your sister, this is relevant informations.
                          Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

This thread was going along so nicely... but roffles at the second to last post. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                              pics of sis?
                              Srsly, your screwed.
                              funny guy, shes one of those annoying fat lesbian types, you wouldnt be interested.

after 2 hours scrubbing with shampoo, industrial strength solvents and a febreeze bath it actually smalls fine in there now.
                              i lucked out on the vents, turned out the vent was closed so i just vacuumed and used q-tips to clean it out.

thanks for the advice guys.

uofom3 yea im only 19 gimme some time.
                              ________
                              One Vaporizer Reviews
                              Last edited by dvs909; 03-03-2011, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X