• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks sick dude, i love teh wheels

m42brigade

r3v Photo Crew: Founding Member

Originally posted by Eurospeed
    Guys like him are the reason I love it when people do things to their cars that are different. It just like anytime Karlo posts a thread with pics of his car, I love watching all the elitist pricks on this site shit their pants when they see an E30 that doesn't fit their standards.

Comment

Looks nice man.. I love a nice road bike.

Side note:

Friday, I was riding my friends bike. I mounted up on the seat and my leg clipped my exhaust on my car (ansa sport). It has the angled, bevelled tips. Fuckin sliced my leg open. It started bleeding, barely even noticed I cut it. So I bandaged it up, and started playing some xbox. Sure as fuck it started bleeding more and more. So I went to Vanderbilt ER. What a lame way to spend a Friday... Worst night ever.
      Check it out!

Click there ^ for the grusome shit.. Didnt want to offend anyone. Its farely brutal.
      My laceration fucked a blood vessell coincidentally. I filled up a few wash clothes and 3 rolls of the hospitals gauze. Boom! 10 stitches and I'm back on my bike the next day.

Comment

Wow, you didnt think that was bad enough to get medical attention? Thats going to make for a nice scar!
        Originally posted by Simon S
        When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDuper View Post
          Wow, you didnt think that was bad enough to get medical attention? Thats going to make for a nice scar!
          Well, not at the time. It never hurt at all. I guess I clipped the nerve while I was at it. It wasnt hurting, so I wasnt in a rush. Plus, my insurance blows and I dont want to pay for it. It got serious, so I'm paying for it.

Comment

Ok, finally finished up the bike today and went on a nice long ride. I installed the Cane Creek SCR3 front brake today. I love how tiny the caliper is :) Anyways, here's the pr0n:

tasty

Comment

s0urce, where did you get those wheels? I want new wheels, but I want something different than deep v's. And you bike looks amazing.

scabzzz, HOLY FUCK! That is nasty! How many stitches did you have to get?

Comment

Thanks guys. The stem is pretty fucking ugly, but there's something about it I really like. It's rigid as hell, and I like how the brake line runs through the stem.

^Those wheels are from Ben's Cycle. Just go under track/fixed gear parts > Track wheelsets> Vuelta Pista XRP track wheelset.
                tasty

Comment

Looks tits Chris. I can't wait to see it IRL. Don't know why you're rocking the clipins though... I hated mine.

Comment

Bender, is that a Brew frameset?

THe brazing around the lugs looks great. PM me on how much you get for one of these? I'm not too far from Philly.

Originally posted by bender View Post
                    finished up powdercoating another frame today for bryan at b revs.
                    i'm racking my brain to try and remember what frame this is.. its something new. had like a beer mug as a logo? crap (just remembered... SE Lager)

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
                      Thanks guys. The stem is pretty fucking ugly, but there's something about it I really like. It's rigid as hell, and I like how the brake line runs through the stem.

^Those wheels are from Ben's Cycle. Just go under track/fixed gear parts > Track wheelsets> Vuelta Pista XRP track wheelset.
                      Fuck! They're sold out. :(

Are they good wheels? They're pretty cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                        Fuck! They're sold out.

Are they good wheels? They're pretty cheap!
                        So far I love them, they're solid as hell. I'd rate them up there with the Deep V's for a fraction of the price. One thing to keep in mind is your chainline. I had to move the chainring to the inside of the crankarm on the driveline side to achive a good chainline with these hubs. The cogs that come with the wheels are total CRAP though. They're just stamped metal with crap lockrings. Make sure you swap on a good surly/EAI/Milwaukee cog/lockring.
                        tasty

Comment

well hopefully my new bike arrives tomorrow
                          i ordered a dawes sst from bikesdirect.
                          this is exactly what i'm looking forward to tomorrow

i can't wait, im probably going to ride it free for a week and then convert to fixed once i figure out what gearing i want. comes stock with 46t/16 freewheel

m42brigade

r3v Photo Crew: Founding Member

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                          Guys like him are the reason I love it when people do things to their cars that are different. It just like anytime Karlo posts a thread with pics of his car, I love watching all the elitist pricks on this site shit their pants when they see an E30 that doesn't fit their standards.

Comment

Wow s0urce... I love the stem btw. Whats up with the brake? The lever is in a weird spot and the cable is like a foot too long.. but looks like delicious titties every where else!

And guys... on Ebay there are fully laced Weinmann DP18 Deep V wheels for like 180 shipped.. Go check it out.

Also, it took 10 stitches and some morphine to get me outa there

Comment

Yeah bender, i'm not sure that's an SE, they don't have brazing. I think it's the frame Milwaukee is putting out. Their logo is a beer mug. Besides- SE's are total pieces of shit
                              1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                              1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                              1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                              1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                                So I think I am going to start looking for a real track frame and build it up slowly to replace my Fuji conversion eventually. Not really in a hurry because I am really enjoying the Fuji, and it's been a great learning experience.

What would you guys recommend I look for in the frame? Should I look for something vintage/used? Or should I just save myself the trouble and buy one of those mass produced no-name track frames.
                                I would check out that Milwaukee frame that was just posted up.

Family owned operated since 1928, Ben's Cycle is the leading bicycle shop in Milwaukee, providing high-performance bikes, bike parts, bike accessories, bike apparel and bike gear online and in store.

Edit- I'm wrong- that isnt the cream city frame. But i highly reccomend the milwaukee frame.
                                1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                                1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                                1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                                1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Working...
                                X