No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nope, your just starting an era over there.

Comment

Single-speed/fixed gear talk on survivalblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
        Andy - When are you coming over?
        I'm waiting for my mommy to give me the go-ahead

then she's making me milk and cookies

then i get tucked into bed and she reads me where the wild things are
        1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
        1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
        1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
        1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          http://www.survivalblog.com/2008/11/letter_re_procuring_reliable_w.html

Single-speed/fixed gear talk on survivalblog.com
          I love how they get into supermoto too
          -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post
            then i get tucked into bed and she reads me where the wild things are
            Greatest book EVAR.

Comment

I had been thinking about an WTWTA tattoo.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                in regards to the initial comment; skateboarders hated rollerbladers. 80% of the skateboarders I know have fixed gear bikes (the rest don't havee the $ for fixed and have old roadies). that's the difference.

<- skateboarder who rides fixed

I think bicycles are cool because they transcend so many people, subcultures, etc. riding a skateboard well takes a long time, whereas most people can already ride a bike. Skateboarding is something you can only do with select people but bicycles have much more mass appeal. it's nice to be able to cruise with your lady, ride around with a bunch of friends, etc.
                Exactly.
                The only skater I know with a bike is in NYC, he rides it to work and for fun. I have to admit though, watching Chris Pastras on a fixed gear shooting hills in SF i sick. But IIRC he did it b/c the fixed gear crew said he wouldn't be able to and it was harder and more dangerous than skating.
                Again, I don't have a problem with the guys who are in it to win it, I have a problem with the guys who are in it B/C it's the new cool thing (insert fart cannon, or black rim comment here). I know they won't last, it will be interesting to take a poll in a year or two and see how many of the "core" fixed gear guys are still in it.
                It looks fun, I would love to try it, but the stop light dancing and the trendyness is putting me off major.
                Seriously though, nice bikes, have fun, be safe, and mixing in a reflector couldn't hurt;)
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Rigmaster
                you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

I ride with the brightest fucking 2 AAA battery 6 LED ass clip on light imagineable!
                  Dont worry Del, you'll be embracing it soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                    I know they won't last, it will be interesting to take a poll in a year or two and see how many of the "core" fixed gear guys are still in it.
                    Everyone said the exact same thing about skateboarding when it was getting huge.
                    Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                    It looks fun, I would love to try it, but the stop light dancing and the trendyness is putting me off major.
                    So you're saying that when you got into skateboarding, you got into it of your own accord and had never seen anyone do it before? You didn't get into it because you saw it and thought it looked cool, or because your friends were doing it?

Comment

I've fallen in love with frame geometry since this f1x3d thing came along. I wonder how much work it takes to become a frame builder.

Comment

Not that much, but if you want to make money as a framebuilder, good luck. A few frame builders offer courses in a small class setting.

Check out frameforum.org if you want to learn more about the art of building bicycle frames.

Originally posted by whysimon
                        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                          Not that much, but if you want to make money as a framebuilder, good luck. A few frame builders offer courses in a small class setting.

Check out frameforum.org if you want to learn more about the art of building bicycle frames.

Sweet. Thank you tons Mr.K, now I have a whole new forum to bother.

that place is BA.

Comment

Yeah, before I got into E30s, I was into bikes. I thought about building a lugged track frame a few years ago, but instead I got my first E30.

Originally posted by whysimon
                            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Dear Kevin or s0urce,

Please steal me a Derringer Bike located at 7954 1/2 West 3rd Street Los Angeles, CA 90048. If you see a white one take that, but I have no color preference.

Sincerely,
                              Devon

---

They are overpriced (for what they are) ~$3500, completely custom half motorcycle, half bicycle, designer bikes. They are beautifully designed, but honestly, that's what I'm going to spend on a real motorcycle.

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Sheesh, people don't even ask me to steal things.

Comment

Working...
                                X