No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh. On a mountain bike you ruin your shoes so having a pair of mtb shoes is logical. I'll have to take pics of the shoes i wore when i forgot my mtb shoes one time haha. Theyre so shitty its not even funny

On a fixed gear bike its obnoxious. I have MKS sylvans and soma clips on my fixie.

I guess i should have said i feel awkward without pedal retention.
    -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
      Meh. On a mountain bike you ruin your shoes so having a pair of mtb shoes is logical. I'll have to take pics of the shoes i wore when i forgot my mtb shoes one time haha. Theyre so shitty its not even funny

On a fixed gear bike its obnoxious. I have MKS sylvans and soma clips on my fixie.

I guess i should have said i feel awkward without pedal retention.
      Same, riding without foot retention bugs the shit out of me. I have the same pedals/clips. Quad gates, or dual?

Comment

Quad gates. Im happy with em so far. Some people dont like em i guess..
        -Chris

Comment

okay, so i don't know shit bout bikes, but i know that i enjoyed bmx bikes in my younger years. i wanna get back into it and have no clue what i should get.

I came across an ad for a Swobo Folsom... whatcha think bout those?
          Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

Same, I have them with 2 sets of single straps. I want to get proper doubles, but I don't has the money for them.

Originally posted by silversleeper View Post
            okay, so i don't know shit bout bikes, but i know that i enjoyed bmx bikes in my younger years. i wanna get back into it and have no clue what i should get.

I came across an ad for a Swobo Folsom... whatcha think bout those?
            Do it. I want one, that's a seriously hard-ass bike. And the price is right.

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
              Right on dude. I love clipless. Now i feel awkward riding flat pedals haha. How are those shoes? I need some new ones...
              They where the only full on MTB shoe that fit. I tried almost all of them shimano, specialized, sidi, all had the top strap to high up and it would rub and cut into the front tendon on my ankle I geuss I have a very thick ankle.
              But I love the way they fit I just need to do some fine tunning.

Comment

Hey guys, haven't really posted a whole lot over here yet but was curious as what bike would be good for me. I used to ride bmx a few years ago and my bike, s&m call girl, got stolen so I am lookin for a new ride. I want a fixie that will get the job done and is appealing. I've been looking at the swobo sanchez but is out of stock. Let me know what you guys think
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Maybe look into a Mercier Kilo tt from BikesDirect. Nice entry level bike. I think im gonna pick up one ofthe frame sets one of these days...

Im pumped, me and my buddy just went in and split one of these cameras:
                  -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by xAZxE30x View Post
                    Hey guys, haven't really posted a whole lot over here yet but was curious as what bike would be good for me. I used to ride bmx a few years ago and my bike, s&m call girl, got stolen so I am lookin for a new ride. I want a fixie that will get the job done and is appealing. I've been looking at the swobo sanchez but is out of stock. Let me know what you guys think
                    Kilo TT is a pretty solid entry level bike. Join f1x3d and look around

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post
                      I just sold it yesterday. Built it up with weinmann (sp?) DP18s in bright silver and cheapo drop bars. I sold it to my friend Jon from school who got fed up with his SE Draft (never buy an SE)

The Bareknuckle is handmade in a small shop in Italy, and they are true track geometry. It's a truly magnificent frame and the detail work is top notch. I would reccomend it to you but i don't know what your budget is. The Frame/Fork combo can be found anywhere between ~634 to 800 dollars depending on where you get it.
                      What's wrong with SE/Draft in particular?
                      - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
                      Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

Originally posted by machined View Post
                        What's wrong with SE/Draft in particular?
                        SE's like the lager are respectable, but the draft is cromo, and uses bmx size cranks.. etc

Comment

Wish I could find last year's Lager. This year's is a little on the gaudy side.
                          - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
                          Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

Comment

This is not how to "create" a fixed gear. Jesse?
                              Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 04-16-2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

My next bike:
                                Only thing different is it's going to have Fox 36's up front.

-Pierre
                                1987 535is
                                1988 325is

Comment

Working...
                                X