No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful bike nub! Im due for a better mtb sometime too. My 4inch travel xc bike is starting to hate me haha.

The GoPro is sweet (when the batteries are charged!!)
    First test run missing a lot of good stuff:

Its amazing how crappy the quality looks on photobucket.
    -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by machined View Post
      Wish I could find last year's Lager. This year's is a little on the gaudy side.
      For sure. Well bike island sells the brown frame, which is a lager frame. take the stickers off, build it up, and it looks pretty decent... thats what my bike is

/whore

The lager frame is 120 shipped. :D

Or get a kilo

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
        Beautiful bike nub! Im due for a better mtb sometime too. My 4inch travel xc bike is starting to hate me haha.

The GoPro is sweet (when the batteries are charged!!)
        First test run missing a lot of good stuff:

Its amazing how crappy the quality looks on photobucket.

That's awesome, I miss riding trails so much right now. I got back on my mnt bike the other day and I just wanted to go crazy. It was so weird holding on to the super wide bars after riding fixed so much with my really narrow risers.
        -Erik
        '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
        I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

i think that i am going to get the kilo, cant beat the price and everyone seems to agree thats the best for the money for a entry level. Is bikesdirect the only place i can order it from? I cannot seem to find them anywhere else. They say it wont be in stock/ shipped until may 20th, I want to order it now before I spend the cash on another part for my car ha
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
            That's awesome, I miss riding trails so much right now. I got back on my mnt bike the other day and I just wanted to go crazy. It was so weird holding on to the super wide bars after riding fixed so much with my really narrow risers.
            Haha thanks man! And i know how ya feel. First time i got back on the mountain bike i felt awkward trying to slow down with out resisting with my legs lol. I ride both bikes a bunch now so going back and forth isnt so bad. Maybe having bullhorns on the fix make it less awkward...

And that 2nd to last drop ends up being like 5 feet with how far out i was going. :p Im pissed i missed a lot of good footage today. One of my buddies ate it pretty good on a nice roller and my other friend got a pretty good nut job. Oh well...
            -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              For sure. Well bike island sells the brown frame, which is a lager frame. take the stickers off, build it up, and it looks pretty decent... thats what my bike is

/whore

The lager frame is 120 shipped. :D

Or get a kilo
              That looks like a blast so far! Where'd you get your seat post?
              - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
              Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                I haven't rode my bike or any other bike in many many years. But this is what i have. 1987 Schwinn Predator Freeform EX
                (I have no pictures of it).

Finally got it out and gave it a quick bath. Took it for a short ride, figured out in no time that i'm really out of shape. I don't know how i did it when i was younger.

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Bitchin vintage BMX dude. I love how people used to run handlebars like that haha
                  -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by machined View Post
                    That looks like a blast so far! Where'd you get your seat post?
                    From a local shop, they sell alot of used stuff.

The only thing you should consider is it costs more to build an Lager the way i did than to buy a kilo. But i liked building it and got some nice parts on it :D

Comment

Ha!!! Jaons, I used to have one just like that. Used to do a wheelee for 3+ blocks and turn...long live freestyle!!!!!!!
                      1997 328i - SOLD
                      1991 325is - SOLD
                      2002 325i - SOLD :(

Currently:
                      1991 318is
                      2011 328i xDrive
                      2017 Highlander - Toy Hauler

sigpic

Comment

mountain bikes are lame.its all about BMX bikes
                        84 ETA

Comment

BMX bikes are lame.its all about Fixed Gears

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post

This is not how to "create" a fixed gear. Jesse?
                            i cant get away from my love for the zipties. they've made it to my bike projects too

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              From a local shop, they sell alot of used stuff.

The only thing you should consider is it costs more to build an Lager the way i did than to buy a kilo. But i liked building it and got some nice parts on it :D
                              Werd, the money I spent rebuilding my bike could have bought me a complete Bianchi Pista or something else of comparable price. But I find no satisfaction whatsoever in buying a completed bike, much like anything else. I want to build it myself, select each part myself, and build it the way I want it.

My bike was $300 new, and I have just under $1k into it now (including original purchase price). Sure, it's still a Windsor/Fuji frame, but now it's the color I wanted, and as a complete bike, has all better/higher quality components on it than just about anything sold as a complete in that price range.

Comment

if you could go back, would you just piece it together entirely?
                                Originally posted by blunt
                                can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Working...
                                X