Clear All

the new bike, bad pic

Comment

^pake?
      tasty

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
        Mark V.

I've got this same old group buy bike in the same color.
        Its nice, grab it.

Its got Hplus Son's on Miche Pista Primato's now, and a black Rolfmeister 650 that I strap on now and then.
        Dont pay more than like 200 for the frame though.

Comment

FINALLY! my new bike came this morning and I threw it together. The new Bikes direct medal flake blue color. Its a rad color. They ran out of Orange before I had the funds and then they released this blue color. I love it. Dont really like the pedals yet, so I may grab something this weekend and have my bike shop crop the fork down and give it a once over.

Last edited by z50_Jumper; 05-29-2009, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
            I've got this same old group buy bike in the same color.
            Its nice, grab it.

Its got Hplus Son's on Miche Pista Primato's now, and a black Rolfmeister 650 that I strap on now and then.
            Dont pay more than like 200 for the frame though.

Paid $450 as seen.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
              ^pake?
              yup pake, with some chrome fork.
              its quite heavy but feels good.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post

Paid $450 as seen.
                Unless all those parts are brand new, you got a good deal at BEST.
                IRO stuff doesnt really last that long under hard abuse.

Comment

I've just got back from the bike shop with less money, and a fixed gear to be picked up tomorrow!

It's used, but built up from the ground by a road biker so it doesn't have el cheapo components on it.

best thing is i paid just a little bit more than it would have cost to buy a windsor and ship it over the atlantic!

lots o pics tomorrow
                  My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Been into bikes for about 25 years now. Did the fg/ss thing, rode an OLD Klein mtb for awhile and a beautiful original (yes, handmade in Italy) Masi Gran Criterium - full drilled record group. Awesome.

I just finished building up a cross check, some highlights are Nitto Northroad bars, Nitto M12 front rack, Campagnolo Olympus cantilevers. It's heavy but it's a pretty sweet "gentleman's bike".
                    SOLD '90 325is SOLD

Comment

Hey guys, I just got the frame... Is it a nice frame? I haven't really heard too much about it.

-Erik
                      '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                      I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

you tel us?
                        lulzz

Comment

Only thing I can tell you is that it was made in Taiwan... ;)
                          -Erik
                          '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                          I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

copied from f1x3d :)

Hey guys, i picked up my new fixed gear bike this afternoon from the LBS. the owner was selling it for a customer who apparently built it himself. I know nothing about all the components on the bike, but the shop owner said it's all very good quality components. is he right, or did he pull the shades over my eye's?

I took it for very short ride around the block and am proud to report that i didnt' crash! but riding fixed is totally weird, but i hope it becomes second nature soon. My wife is in France for a funeral ceremony so i couldn't leave my 3month old unattended long, otherwise i would have put a mile or two on the bike instead of just riding down the street and back.

anyways, here are some pics that describe the bike and components better than i can!

velocity wheels... not so deep V's

chris king headset

rear brake, these are supposed to be really good???

Record brake levers. those are good too right?

handlebars... any bike nuts know what handlebars these are?

thompson aluminum seat post

so first thing i definitely need is new pedals. the guy who built it had clip in pedals, so the shop owner threw these on for free, and they look like poo poo. I also want to change the bars to bull horns as i like the look and feel more comfortable riding up on the brake levers. this opinion will probably change with miles though. when i change bars, i'll change the tape to black.

carbon forks would be cool too, but not a necessity.
                            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

MKS or bust. Looks like you'll be wanting a new seat soon.

Comment

Some jerk-off just stole my crappy mountain bike, but nonetheless it sucks not having a bike for transportation. So, my friend gave me for free (though I'm eventually repaying him despite his protests) his old fixie frame, handlebars, seat, chainring, carbon-fiber fork, etc.

It's a Leader 721TR. All I need to get it up and running is a new wheelset, bar tape, and a new cog. I'm not sure whether to go fixed or single-speed...I think I'm leaning towards single-speed for the time being as I live in a VERY hilly part of Portland.

This is what his bike looked like when he still had it put together:

Anyways, I'll be glad to finally have a nice, fast, and really light bike. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X