Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More pictures before paint required...

Comment

Full bike or frame only? I'd have to reassemble it otherwise.

Comment

Frame. Specs also desired...

Comment

My daughter got me a pair of yellow boxers with little fixies all over them for Christmas. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
            Frame. Specs also desired...
            As in size, frame comp, what? I havent decided how im going to build it up yet besides the front wheel, 90s zipp ti hub and zipp double walled rim. I have a while as the rochester Winter never ends.

Comment

Originally posted by e30esque View Post
              As in size, frame comp, what? I havent decided how im going to build it up yet besides the front wheel, 90s zipp ti hub and zipp double walled rim. I have a while as the rochester Winter never ends.
              Are you retarded?

Tell us what it is, and post a picture of it. Have you never showed the internet things you own in real life before?

Comment

lul.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                  Are you retarded?

Tell us what it is, and post a picture of it. Have you never showed the internet things you own in real life before?
                  Christ dude, chill out. Usually when someone asks about frame specs, I expect they are talking about top tube length or composition or something.

Anyway, the bike is a (i believe) 1976 Bridgestone Kabuki Diamond Track. They were made in two different versions, one lugged and one brazed. I have the brazed version which is pretty rare from what I gather. If anyone has more info on the frame I would love to know. I found this on a thread on bike forums, "The three high end Kabuki models all had names prefaced by Diamond to signify their stature within the line. To give an idea of the level of these models, the Diamond Track was special order only and made in a special department at Bridgestone. The reigning Pro Spint World Champion, Robert Van Lancker rode a Bridgestone badged version in 1974 and 1975 for Bridgestone UK."

Attached Files

Comment

Christ dude, chill out. Usually when someone asks about frame specs, I expect they are talking about top tube length or composition or something.

Anyway, the bike is a (i believe) 1976 Bridgestone Kabuki Diamond Track. They were made in two different versions, one lugged and one brazed. I have the brazed version which is pretty rare from what I gather. If anyone has more info on the frame I would love to know. I found this on a thread on bike forums, "The three high end Kabuki models all had names prefaced by Diamond to signify their stature within the line. To give an idea of the level of these models, the Diamond Track was special order only and made in a special department at Bridgestone. The reigning Pro Spint World Champion, Robert Van Lancker rode a Bridgestone badged version in 1974 and 1975 for Bridgestone UK."

Thank you ;)

Nice bike.
                    Dont paint it!!!

Comment

I wasn't going to, but unfortunately theres some oxidation coming through on the chainstays. Trust me, I'd rather keep it original. I will however, be doing it justice. I am having the original decals reproduced. Not sure about the color yet. I was thinking a deep candy red.

Comment

I wasn't going to, but unfortunately theres some oxidation coming through on the chainstays. Trust me, I'd rather keep it original. I will however, be doing it justice. I am having the original decals reproduced. Not sure about the color yet. I was thinking a deep candy red.
                        Drool...
                        There's something about Bridgestone's with the color red that just looks right in person.
                        The Bridgestone I just sold was red with gold flake. Heavy flake at that. It was beautiful in person. It just looked expensive... ya know?

Good luck man. Do it classy. I'm thinking period correct Regal saddle, fluted seat post, and crankset. Dura Ace? Box style rims. Yum.

Comment

Do you have a picture of your bike? I would love to see it. Also...Box style rims? You mean a deep-v? like an early aerospoke?

Comment

Do you have a picture of your bike? I would love to see it. Also...Box style rims? You mean a deep-v? like an early aerospoke?

Fluted DA post

Vintage DA crankset

Box Style Rims

And some sort of old school track perforated saddle.. Like this Selle Italia.

:nice:
                            Classy...

Comment

You're a classy guy David.
                              -Erik
                              '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                              I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X