No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta get my damn rear wheel trued accurately. I think I did more harm than good last time I futzed with it. Bought a trainer (Kinetic road machine) to spin at home, then all of a sudden it got all sunny out and shit. Damn. Ah well, still a good tool to get back and fit. Goal is by the end of the summer have gone on a few rides with my boss/coworker cyclists. Problem is, they're all good and will go for a century as a nice day ride. Oi.

Comment

awesome man. my trainer did wonders for me. I must say, now that it's warm, I do not miss it.
      Yours truly,
      Rich
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Rigmaster
      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

I moved back to the west side of town THANK GOD. Bike riding has officially begun ova here... Feels good too. OH, and the girl I'm dating, she rides a legit Panasonic. Its gonna be a fun summer :)

Comment

Originally posted by RobE30 View Post
          Here's a pic of my Trek. I never thought I'd get into road riding, but lurking on the bike thread here has changed me over.... Thanks guys, one more damn hobby. Going for a 20 mile ride after a shitty day at work is a great way to unwind. Now a picture
          Ill buy the wheels off that bike. Seriously. PM if you want some cash.

Comment

Pics of girl, and POS.

Comment

LBS score today! One of the local bike/ski shops is going under, and they are clearing out the shop like it's fire. When I got there, there wasn't a lot left, but I managed to get a really nice aluminum Felt stem, a Park crank wrench and a spoke tool, 2 sets of tire levers, 2 tubes, and a set of new brake pads, all for $25 out the door. Would have come to $70 normally. The front part of the clamp on the stem is too big for my bars tho, can you shim it?
              Last edited by Jand3rson; 03-20-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

So the Felt stem wasn't going to work, so I went back down there and picked up a Ritchey WCS that they had for $10, and it fit perfectly. It's just a tad bit longer, and I angled my bars down a bit, and it feels better than my last stem. I think I like this one better than the Felt one, too.

Oh, and Phil Wood died about the middle of last week.

Attached Files
                Last edited by Jand3rson; 03-21-2010, 06:16 PM.

Comment

crappy picture of me riding my fixed gear

54cm IRO, velocity deep v's, MKS's pedals, the usual

Sold.......again.

Comment

Now I'd like to get back to posting pics of bikes.

Comment

Here is my coaster brake conversion

-Will

1987 325is, 1989 325i, 1997 318i
                      Parts for Sale

Comment

Looks great! Bronzit sticker FTW.

But... you do know bronzits are suicidal, right? You will R3V that bike.

Comment

Are they? Aw shoot, I just picked up another bronzit e30 too.... We'll at least I wear a helmet
                          -Will

1987 325is, 1989 325i, 1997 318i
                          Parts for Sale

Comment

That is awesome. lulz

Do you actually wear one, tho? I love mine, it's a Giro Atmos. They're like $180 new, I got it for $50 on Craigslist, from someone who actually turned out to be a friend of mine. He wore it once and didn't like it.

Looks just like that, but the carbon fiber sections in mine are black.

Comment

That's a nice helmet, I wanted one but got another giro. Still kinda sad.

Comment

Originally posted by digital_cowboy View Post
                                Here is my coaster brake conversion

Did you paint this bike Bronzit? Or is it just a gold bike with a Bronzit sticker? If it's the former... dude.

If it's the latter... dude.

Originally posted by whysimon
                                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Working...
                                X