No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill have to post up some pics of my newly acquired IRO. Ive been riding the hell out of it lately, I love it. Ive probably put twice as many miles on my IRO as I did my Kilo. I sold my kilo to a buddy of mine and now we go riding almost everyday, we also convinced some other friends of ours to start riding too.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Some stuff in my basement.... My wifes Trek 420 and my Rock Hopper are missing from the photo. The Fuji is too small (50cm ish), Bridgestone is too big (63cm), everything else is staying (except Peugot in foreground on the stand). My main rides are the blue Trek 610, Bianchi Randonneur and the black Trek Elance hanging up. The yellow greenish bike is a trash find in Philly (Puch reynolds 531 etc), 73 Raleigh Sports (leaving....) and the Columbia is just a beach/ town cruiser. I don't think I've put more than 4k on my e30 in the last year since Rick Sloan gave me an old Schwinn that I traded for the Pug which started an accumulation of bikes. In the works are a fixed gear Pug and I'm searching for an old (pre 73) english frame/fork w/ chrome lugs etc to build up.
      Last edited by RobE30; 07-24-2010, 08:44 AM.
      09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
      05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
      87 BMW 325is
      a few bicycles

Comment

More info on 63cm Bridgestone? Sale? I NEED it!!!

Comment

Just bought a 2011 Giant Mountain bike, a Rincon I think. Awesome bike, hopefully if the weather clears I'll be able to ride this weekend.
          My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
            More info on 63cm Bridgestone? Sale? I NEED it!!!
            It is for sale. It's too damn tall for me! Once I'm on it, it's a great ride but, the mount/dismount is tricky....

Seat tube measured center of BB to top of seat tube=63.5cm
            Top tube measured C-C=58cm
            4130 Cromo straight gauge tubing, made in Japan. I'm not sure what year but, it is dark blue metallic w/ a silver head tube. The model is 200. The components on it are not too spectacular so, I doubt you'd want them. The wheels are 27". I think the bike would make a great single speed/ fixed or upgrade to a better drive train. Let me know what you think.
            87 BMW 325is
            a few bicycles

Comment

I think I'd like pictures. And more info, meaning price.

EDIT: I just measured my present frameset, and get 25" from your measurements, which converts to 63.5cm, I guess it's gonna be too small.

Comment

Is there any decently priced Italian road bike frames? When I say decent I mean way under a g for a frame.

edit: rate this http://www.rscycle.com/Tommaso-Imola...Fork-Road-Bike

worth the money?
                Last edited by b*saint; 07-25-2010, 12:04 PM.
                Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

new townie/cruiser project bike

this bike was donated at work, but was in too rough of shape to give away. i'm thinking it's a late 60's - early 70's varsity. i brought it home and it sat for a month or so but i decided to start working on it last week. the plan is to overhaul all the bearings, run new cables & housings, set it up single speed, replace the brake pads, grips, & saddle, some white wall tires, and throw on a few custom touches to make it safe & original. i really like the rust patina it's got on the chrome, the paint is in ok shape, it looks like it sat outside somewhere near the beach. i dunno if i'm going to keep it or sell it, I'll decide when it's done & ride-able. anyway, here's a couple pics. they're blurry, i know.

we have a few bikes in our basement

pretty much as she came to be mine, i had just started pulling the deraileur & straightened out bars out (they were at about a 80 degree angle to the wheel when i got it.)

front 3/4

cockpit. say bye to the shifters.

ss wheel on, all cable & housings pulled, shifters & deraileurs gone, janky bmx saddle (i got a new one today that is much nicer). i also sourced some period correct 1/2 thread pedals from a friend. i want to pull the big chain ring and figure out something smaller to put over the little one so i don't have to sweat rolling up my pants
                  Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                  You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Try vinegar or oxylic acid on the chrome. Vinegar works excellent for removing rust on chrome. I've cleaned up a bunch of old Campy cable guides and other stuff using that. Looks like a fun project
                    87 BMW 325is
                    a few bicycles

Comment

I pick up my bike in 2 weeks.... that is all.
                      Last edited by e34john; 07-29-2010, 12:08 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

More info or pictures of what it looks like?

Comment

cool story bro
                          You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

raced for the first time wednesday at grattan racetrack in mi. it was insane. i was in the "b" group and our average speed was 24mph over 34 miles. cant wait to get better.

on a side note, i <3 titanium bikes!

Comment

couple cool bike shops in asheville. stopped at one cause my buddy needed a tube, the one mechanic was nice enough to give us a tour of the city when he got off work shortly after
                              Originally posted by blunt
                              can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

i work @ liberty. there's quite a healthy bike scene here, for road & xc anyway, and the mellow-drome does track races i guess, i haven't been yet. the bmx scene is lacking.

Comment

Working...
                                X