No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also built up a bike for my wife so she can ride with me sometimes.
    Attached Files
    '74 2002 - Build blog at
    nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
      can you say why it was this company that interested you? i'm just curious since there's so many companies to choose from these days. a couple of my co-workers were there too, and said they didn't see much that notable.
      sat down with the owner at lunch one day. i was impressed with the product, and stopped by their booth to check out the bike. the product is solid, lots of great features like bb30, integrated seat post, internal cable routing, carbon dropouts, tapered headtube, etc.

the product is made in asia, but they are up front about it. shit most bikes are made over there anyway, look, trek (except for the high high end madone stuff), specialized, giant, cannondale, cervelo, felt, kuota. it doesnt really discourage me that the bike is very similar to a pedalforce cg1. at least the paint is better! i really like their no bs attitude.

the only other bike i was really considering was a moots, and while i think the moots is a great bike, Ritte had a smokin deal at the show for IB attendees. I figure if it doesnt work out, i can always get a moots at EP later. But this deal was unique enough to jump on.
      sigpic

Comment

Anyone know where I can pick up either a Redline Monocog Flight 29er or a Surly Karate Monkey for a good price?? A 2010 leftover is fine, or 2011 if the price is 'can't turn it down'.
        -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Just say no to a conversion.

Comment

Bikes ordered. Gruppo ordered. Just need wheels, bars, stem, and a few other tidbits.

Anyone interested in my 2007 Felt F75? Like Borat I make very good deal.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
              Anyone know where I can pick up either a Redline Monocog Flight 29er or a Surly Karate Monkey for a good price?? A 2010 leftover is fine, or 2011 if the price is 'can't turn it down'.
              This seems pretty decent at $800 for a complete bike but it's a 22"

Most online shops have the Karate Monkey framsets at around $450 so if you have a donor bike, this might be the way to go, too.

Comment

Originally posted by santiago View Post
                This seems pretty decent at $800 for a complete bike but it's a 22"

Most online shops have the Karate Monkey framsets at around $450 so if you have a donor bike, this might be the way to go, too.

Yeah but I have no donor bike and I have to sell my GF Sugar 3 to get this one. Yes, it seems like a step down but I rode rigid for 8yrs and loved it.
                I am looking at an SE Stout SS 29er, $400. Good frame and disc ready, and with a few upgrades, BB7's in front to start, it'll be great. I'll eventually go gear but after the new year probably.
                -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Google Maps just told me I can ride my bike from my house to CSU Monterey in a day and 22 hours. Like I can really go 11 miles an hour.
                  sigpic

Comment

job at bike shop acquired. A winnar is me
                    Originally posted by teamdynasty43
                    Aye listen here ph fucking dick cheese mother fucker ...go back to touching your self or your fucking boyfriend because you're just some dumb mother fucker that has no fucking life than other to ridicule others because you have no fuckin life and low self esteem so you try to make your self feel better so you act all big!!!! Sooooo get the fuck out of here and shut your stupid little Whore mouth the fuck up and just leave!

Comment

The newest thing for me to drool over

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Yucky... Cannondale

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                          Yucky... Cannondale

??? what's wrong with them? too mainstream to be hipster?
                          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Yes, way too mainstream.

Besides everything on a Cannondale is proprietary... even the ends on the handlebars. They dont except normal end caps. Haha

Comment

awww man, I want a bike. : (

I did the right thing and got a car before a bike! ; P
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

LEFTY ftw.

Comment

Working...
                                X