Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
    Yes, way too mainstream.

Besides everything on a Cannondale is proprietary... even the ends on the handlebars. They dont except normal end caps. Haha

Is it a good bike though?

I know this might sound strange, but what if I bought a bike and didn't change anything out???:crazy: Just something to have fun on a few times a week.

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
    LEFTY ftw.
    I know, I love the way they look!
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

I know this might sound strange, but what if I bought a bike and didn't change anything out???:crazy: Just something to have fun on a few times a week.
      Cannondale was bought out by pacific, which owns GT and Mongoose. Thusly they are going to shit. My LBS will stop carrying them as of this year.

I know, I love the way they look!
      Does anyone know the benefits of a lefty?

Finally got a pic of my bike via cell phone on a ride yesterday.

Originally posted by teamdynasty43
      Aye listen here ph fucking dick cheese mother fucker ...go back to touching your self or your fucking boyfriend because you're just some dumb mother fucker that has no fucking life than other to ridicule others because you have no fuckin life and low self esteem so you try to make your self feel better so you act all big!!!! Sooooo get the fuck out of here and shut your stupid little Whore mouth the fuck up and just leave!

Comment

That Cannondale is straight murder.
        -tim
        Originally posted by Jordan
        I like the stance
        -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

we lovingly refer to cannondale as "crack and fail" at my shop.

Yes, way too mainstream.

Besides everything on a Cannondale is proprietary... even the ends on the handlebars. They dont except normal end caps. Haha
          i don't care much about mainstream, but proprietary stuff is a pita. get a bike with suspension made by a company that makes...wait for it...suspension, the r&d behind it will be much better.

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
          LEFTY ftl.
          fixed

short answer; no. if you buy a bike from a reputable company (frame manufacturer), with parts made by reputable companies (that specialize in specific components), replacing worn parts, keeping up with maintenance, and upgrading components will be much easier down the line. and believe me, if you ride, you will wear stuff out & break stuff. i find it unlikely that anyone that mods cars for fun could buy a stock bike and just leave it alone.

Originally posted by fryerfighter94 View Post
          Cannondale was bought out by pacific, which owns GT and Mongoose. Thusly they are going to shit. My LBS will stop carrying them as of this year.

Does anyone know the benefits of a lefty?
          ^your shop is onto something. pacific also owns schwinn now iirc. and the issue i have with the lefty (beyond my beef with proprietary parts) is lack of torsional stiffness. get into technical climbing & descent, and the bike starts to steer itself. not fun. the offerings from fox/rock shox/marzocchi are far superior. and benefits? well it looks weird, and...um...it's proprietary so you can only get parts from a c-dale dealer...
          Originally posted by Dozyproductions
          You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Yes, way too mainstream.

Cannondale is mainstream? In which country?
            Also, Campagnolo sucks and is wayyyyy too mainstream. Its totally proprietary. It only works with other Campy parts.
            Cinelli is totz mainstream too in Italia. It sucks 2. Right?

Comment

are you really comparing campy & cannondale? from what i've read, you seem to know a bit about bikes, i'd honestly expect more. a difference of nearly 85 years in the business versus barely 40, never mind that campagnolo has focused on road drivetrain & brakes that whole time while cannondale has done (poorly) a variety of proprietary frames sets and suspension for mountain & road, all riddled with questionable technology, seems like an easy way to differentiate. what's the campagnolo equivalent of the cannondale super v?
              long story short, there are big box companies out there that don't bullshit around trying to do things better than the established companies building brakes, forks, bearing sets, etc., and thereby are able to produce a better final products; legit frames with quality components. specialized, and many others have been guilty of proprietary nonsense as well.
              You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

slammin deal on a great frameset. posted for a friend.

A forum community dedicated to Road Bike owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about bike parts, components, deals, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

I am regrettably selling my 2009 Look 566. This sale is for the frame, fork, headset, and a bonus seatpost (more about that in a bit).

The frame is in absolutely mint condition, with no blemishes whatsoever. I take great pride in my bikes, and am quite relentless when it comes to their cleanliness and maintenance. This frame is exactly the same as the brand new 2011 Look 566's, with the only difference being the paint scheme (and frankly, I like this one best...)

The seatpost that I am including is a 2009 FSA SL-K unit. I was not happy with the faux carbon post that came with the bike originally, so I upgraded to this. They retail for right around 100 bucks.

I will also include an Ultegra bottom bracket that is already installed, unless of course you don't want it. I can also include an Ultegra SL clamp on front derailleur if you are interested.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
                sigpic

Comment

Sold my SS a while back.. Found a sweet deal on it.

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
                    are you really comparing campy & cannondale? from what i've read, you seem to know a bit about bikes, i'd honestly expect more. a difference of nearly 85 years in the business versus barely 40, never mind that campagnolo has focused on road drivetrain & brakes that whole time while cannondale has done (poorly) a variety of proprietary frames sets and suspension for mountain & road, all riddled with questionable technology, seems like an easy way to differentiate. what's the campagnolo equivalent of the cannondale super v?
                    long story short, there are big box companies out there that don't bullshit around trying to do things better than the established companies building brakes, forks, bearing sets, etc., and thereby are able to produce a better final products; legit frames with quality components. specialized, and many others have been guilty of proprietary nonsense as well.
                    I think you're missing the point. Just sayin..

Comment

Just ordered my 2010 SE Stout 29er from Jenson for $350 + shipping. Couldn't pass it up. Should have it by next weekend if i'm lucky.
                      -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Pretty good deal Mike. Jenson does ship pretty fast too
                        sigpic

Comment

rode some pump track yesterday, it was fun. today, xc ride @ bent creek!

Last edited by quikveedb2; 10-19-2010, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I think I just found the beginning of my next build. Going to check it out tomorrow. Will update with pics if successful.

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35506872@N03/5098604359/

in the midst of all you guys burning on cannondales. here is my bike

Comment

That dirt track looks pretty.
                                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Working...
                                X