No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though the weather has become total shit here lately, I'm going to start prepping my vintage Bianchi to be a single speed bike. Pulling the Campy gears off. Keeping the Campagnolo Atlanta 1996 wheels and brakes front and rear. Keeping the Campy crankset as well, but leaving the 52t chain ring and did single chainring conversion bolts. Should be pretty cool and easy/fun to commute on. 20t PAUL freewheel??? :) Old pic for reference:

:)

Comment

Comment

My buddies and I rode our asses off all day, it was windy as hell too. I'm so glad weather is finally starting to get nice around here.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

bought a campy front derailer (campy groupset I got had a clamp on front so I kept my old braze on shimano, which blew to smithereens within two weeks).

anxious to get that on and do some riding again, almost decent weather in the great white north
          Originally posted by blunt
          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Finally got this project up and moving again. Traded a track rear wheel for this wheelset from a guy on here in the forum. Cant remember name now. Sorry :(
            Craigslist special. Not so original anymore.

Picked up the Origin8 single cog frewheel converter. Spaced it out. Not too shabby.
            Everything else converted to Campy Centaur/Chorus/Daytona. 52tx16t 3/32 driveline. Modolo titanium bars, period correct. Stupid bar tape, but it was limited edition with the Italiano flag color metal bar ends. Will be converting this stuff to brown leather. Also wanna get rid of my Selle Italia (vintage) suede for a Brooks saddle to match the bars. And get some fenders! yeah! Townie status soon! Any advice or recommendations for this thing? Everything is pretty much mint as far as functionality so I could actually do some miles on this thing.

Next up, 29'er?

Comment

^ nice build. Wheel sets make such a big difference i've learned.

Got this on craigslist a couple weeks back. I didn't build it, but it was a good deal.

I just need a less agressive handlebar. Upright is too upright and drop downs are too agressive (far away from brake) for campus.
              Originally posted by z31maniac
              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by sesco8 View Post
                im looking for a baby bike seat anyone in socal?
                and how much/ pics please
                Surf craigslist for a used Burley trailer.
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                  ^ nice build. Wheel sets make such a big difference i've learned.

Got this on craigslist a couple weeks back. I didn't build it, but it was a good deal.

I just need a less agressive handlebar. Upright is too upright and drop downs are too agressive (far away from brake) for campus.
                  A good middle of the road bar from what you're describing as problems would be a bullhorn style bar. You can grip upright for cruising (and mount your brake levers) and it feels like a riser bar, or stretch out and crank down. Something like a Soma El Torro is what I used. Loved it. Slightly angled down wards put me in a good position for sprints. Have ridden that style of bar over 100+ miles in a sitting before with no back pain. Just ass pain. ;)

Comment

My Peugeot triathlon road bike. Super vitus frame, still works perfectly. The gearing is insane though so with the big hills here it's not that practical unless I keep my speed up.

Just got my mountain bike. GF 29er X-cal with some upgrades.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                      A good middle of the road bar from what you're describing as problems would be a bullhorn style bar. You can grip upright for cruising (and mount your brake levers) and it feels like a riser bar, or stretch out and crank down. Something like a Soma El Torro is what I used. Loved it. Slightly angled down wards put me in a good position for sprints. Have ridden that style of bar over 100+ miles in a sitting before with no back pain. Just ass pain. ;)
                      Awesome, thanks for the tip! Looking it up now.
                      Originally posted by z31maniac
                      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Just got my mountain bike. GF 29er X-cal with some upgrades.

[/quote]

Nice Gary Fisher, I would love to find one of those or a 2009 Mamba for sale. What size is it? Wanna trade for some E30 stuff?? ;) Pm me if you're interested.

Comment

heres my restored 1987 GT Performer. Don't get to ride it much since the restore. I'm prob going to be selling it. if anyones has any interest, lmk. trades welcome.

Comment

Well I went down last weekend. Road rash galore, broken ring finger, and "de-gloved" middle finger (ripped skin off). Wasn't wearing a helmet either..
                            Here's some pics.

IMG_0578edit by m_colby, on Flickr

IMG_0583edit by m_colby, on Flickr

IMG_0584edit by m_colby, on Flickr

So now I'm asking you guys to recommend me a helmet and maybe some gloves so I don't fuck up my hand again. Let me know.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

The GF is a medium. Not trading yet, too busy enjoying it. I got a killer cut from my new pedals, pretty brutal.

Just picked up my wifes bike. Yeti FS.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                                The GF is a medium. Not trading yet, too busy enjoying it. I got a killer cut from my new pedals, pretty brutal.

Just picked up my wifes bike. Yeti FS.

Great bike my buddy has a 5.75. I had some primo pedals that cut me up quite a few times.

Comment

Working...
                                X