The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FredK View Post
    Legit. I love how period-correct this bike is. Feels like 1995 all over again.

I have a set of blue Controltech allen key skewers on the way also. The Maguras arrived before x-mas but i've had no desire to do any work on the bike lately. Too cold to ride.....

FredK, hit-up Retrobike.co.uk
    -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Do all new bikes sing and creak? Mine makes allot of annoying noise, do i need to grease it or is it just cheap parts?
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
        I have a set of blue Controltech allen key skewers on the way also. The Maguras arrived before x-mas but i've had no desire to do any work on the bike lately. Too cold to ride.....

FredK, hit-up Retrobike.co.uk
        Haha, word. What hubs are those? They definitely look 90s with the purple anodization!

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          Do all new bikes sing and creak? Mine makes allot of annoying noise, do i need to grease it or is it just cheap parts?
          It's probably cheap parts and cheap installation. You could probably take it apart and regrease and rebuild it to eliminate the noises. My old fixie makes zero noises, which I love, after I rebuilt it all. I'm pretty sure it scares the bejeebies out of people when I zoom by haha

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by robo_trigger View Post
            I know a couple of people a bit closer to home who can do this for you. Alot of my friends in the city are framebuilders. People who are more familiar with the brazed construction of your old merckx
            Already got it done, sent it out to a shop in Shirley that I have used before. I'm sure you have heard of Hot Tubes.

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
            1996 Specialized Stumpy i've been working on.....not done yet though.
            I have a Team Stumpjumper FS bought it new in 96 and bikes just continue to climb the escalating in $ with exotic materials.

I will say that Nashbar has Team Fuji SL1 for a great price at 1.5K
            Last edited by M-technik-3; 12-29-2012, 12:25 PM.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
              It's probably cheap parts and cheap installation. You could probably take it apart and regrease and rebuild it to eliminate the noises. My old fixie makes zero noises, which I love, after I rebuilt it all. I'm pretty sure it scares the bejeebies out of people when I zoom by haha
              Probably cheap installation, sports authority isn't known for their quality workers.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                Haha, word. What hubs are those? They definitely look 90s with the purple anodization!

They're Hope Ti-Glide hubs. I bought them from some douchebag on Retrobike who claimed they were in 'superb condition'. I get them on the bike to find that the rear bearings(Cartridge) have play. The freehub was also all chewed up. I had to use a puller to take the cassette off. Sanded the freehub body down a bit and it's all good now. So €20 & 3hrs later, they're nice and smooth. Oh yeah, the rear wheel has to be trued also.:hitler:
                -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Bought a new frame and fork last night!!
                  Way too stoked to say the least.
                  I really can't wait to start dirt jumping, park riding, and AM freeride all over again.
                  Last time I was into that stuff was back in middle school.
                  Since then, it's been just rowing rowing rowing, and a bit of road cycling on the side.

I'll be building the new bike up over the next few months in my apartment/dorm

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                    I really can't wait to start dirt jumping, park riding, and AM freeride all over again.]
                    I'd love to get into some of that stuff...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I've got a Paterek Manual I bought about 4 years ago that I thumbed through, then sat on a shelf. Anyone interested in buying it?

Oh yeah, it's the New Version, not the one floating around on torrents, or being given away by Tim Paterek on his site for $3.

Comment

LOL I have the same Paterek Manual. Great minds think alike?

Originally posted by whysimon
                        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Great minds. I just figure somebody will get more use out of it than I have by using it to hold a shelf in the office from breaking it's relationship with gravity.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                            I'd love to get into some of that stuff...
                            Dude I really miss that stuff. Dirt jumping is really fun. I've had a single speed hardtail that ive used for pretty much everything now, for almost a decade now. It's really taken a beating...orginally an xc/am frame, its got bends in the chainstay now...it was time for a new frame at last

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Does anyone here Own a Specialized Fatboy 97-2000? If so please PM me.

Comment

'nother one checking in. Road biking here.
                                1991 318i SOLD
                                2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X