No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, my son went with the University of Montana cycling team to races in Corvallis OR this weekend. He doesn't have that much experience but he's really fit. His cat only does a 20 mile road race - he thought Sweet!

With three miles left, he was in third place and unaware that he was in the leading break. Single file. #4 decided he wanted his spot, pulled up alongside, hooked his handlebar, and turned away, which yanked his bar and he went flying. He said they were booking at the time.

Hit hard, broke his helmet, tore his jerseys up, bashed his shoulder, elbow, hip, and knee. Got up bloody and finished in 13th. Went up to the guy (from Portland State) afterwards and the guy says, We were both battling for the same spot.

So…with a single file line, a guy moving up is welcome to sprint ahead any time he likes. He's got a whole road to use, although he's out in the wind I understand.

Isn't this a deliberate, aggressive move to knock someone out? Ot is this just an example of Buck up, it's a tough sport, kid…(?)

Or because I'm a dad?

He borrowed a helmet and rode the crit the next day on pain meds. Top 5. His mom is not pleased.

Comment

Highly unfortunate. Sometimes it goes your way and sometimes you get hooked and end up on the ground. That's racing. Love that he got up, finished, and then started the next day. Strong.

Put some new tires on the aero wheels for the race this weekend.
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      DE's are a tease.
      Build a racecar.

Comment

Originally posted by 155///MPH View Post
        Highly unfortunate. Sometimes it goes your way and sometimes you get hooked and end up on the ground. That's racing. Love that he got up, finished, and then started the next day. Strong.

Is that a '15 frame? Either way, Giant stepped up their graphics in a BIG way.

Also, if any Americans out there want to score a sweet deal on a very nice Giant TCR Advanced w/ P-SLR1 wheelset and some other goodies, let me know. A low Canadian dollar means 30% savings for you.

Comment

Originally posted by leegf View Post
          Good and timely post. Just watched "Slaying the Badger"; well worth the 80 minutes for anyone with even the most casual interest in cycling:

I think the tires just kiss the wall. A classic gif.
          Thanks for the link. Enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by cwatt View Post
            Is that a '15 frame? Either way, Giant stepped up their graphics in a BIG way.
            No, it's the 2014 SL0 frame but built up with 6800 instead of the uber expensive 9070 Di2.

Good luck selling yours.

JP
            sigpic
            DE's are a tease.
            Build a racecar.

Comment

aeros

Originally posted by 155///MPH View Post

aWatch out for the crosswinds with the Aeros...

dlm ny country

Cervelo Soloist
              Santa Cruz Superlight
              Dahon Broadwalk

Comment

Good and timely post. Just watched "Slaying the Badger"; well worth the 80 minutes for anyone with even the most casual interest in cycling:

LOVED that movie, I watched it twice. Caught it on Netflix Instant a while ago just by chance, really glad I did.
                '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
                '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

I just watched a short clip of this and it is excellent. I'll need to sit down for the whole film at some point.

Clip:

Entire film:

E46t

Comment

Thought I'd try out one of the bikeshare bikes this morning:

E46t

Comment

Had to move a couple of bikes yesterday:

E46t

Comment

From a ride today. Beeyannchee.

E46t

Comment

Nice steel Serotta Colorado II not a huge fan of Camp Chorus but it's period correct.

Wow I have been away from anything serious in cycling.
                          Ben Serotta, who was recently fired from the company he founded 41 years ago, shares some thoughts with the cycling community.

41 years at your own company and you get shit canned.
                          Last edited by M-technik-3; 04-03-2015, 04:04 PM.
                          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

From a ride today. Beeyannchee.

I've gotta' ask. I'm a bike noob as far as road bikes are considered but what model Bianchi is that? It's gorgeous..
                            -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                            -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by Nesset View Post
                              I've gotta' ask. I'm a bike noob as far as road bikes are considered but what model Bianchi is that? It's gorgeous..
                              Thank you. It's a lugged frame 1986 Pista - which actually makes it a track bike, not a road bike - with Columbus tubes. Not to be confused with the newer TIG-welded Pistas with chromoly tubes, which are pretty ubiquitous (though they're not bad bikes).

E46t

Comment

Ah.. My bad, I know zero about any non-offroad bikes shall I put it. How hard are those to find? I saw the new one with chromolhy tubes on Bianchi's site but can't seem to find the older ones anywhere..
                                -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                                -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Working...
                                X