No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son and I just finished building this. 2002 Serotta steel & carbon. 2007 Campy Record 10 carbon crank. Used Athena shifters. Athena brakes. His old CX seat and post. My old heavy stem. Shimano Ultegra rear derailleur and cassette with shift adapter. Old spd pedals. 18.5 lbs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Serotta small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	7176782

Comment

^^+1

Nice execution on that Serotta!

Comment

Thanks!

EDIT - They are used Chorus 11 shifters, that make a Shimano 10 rear derailleur work with a cool little pulley adapter from England. Shifts great.

Then he can buy cheap 105 cassettes as they wear out.

Also found an FSA very light carbon seat post on ebay last night.

Comment

Added another bike to the stable today. 2015 Specialized Hardrock with no miles on it yet. It was special ordered through Specialized to be painted to a Kawasaki green by a guy getting it for his son, but the son hated the color and the bike never left the shop after it came in. Was sitting in the corner and scooped it for a good price. Didnt get a chance to really ride it yet but I plan on it within the next few days.
          '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
          '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
          '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
          '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

^^^ I like it. Too bad it wasn't good enuf for the kid...

I just got this pic from my son. Decided to drive three hours, then ride his bike up the Going-to-the-Sun-Road in Glacier National Park. 3500 foot climb. Logan Pass is the top. Not open to cars yet, but they let hikers and bikes on the highway until it's fully cleared, which might be June - some years it's early July. Not much snowpack this year.

Water on the road, rocks, you might get lucky and get hit by a spring snowslide...

Found a place to camp, only because it's too early for tourists and the pass is closed.

Name:	Serotta Logan Pass.jpg
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	7176816

Comment

While the e30 was on jackstands briefly today, i went out on a parts run on this fly girl.

Comment

^^^ looks sweet.

E46t

Comment

[ATTACH]97325[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                    ^^^ I like it. Too bad it wasn't good enuf for the kid...

I just got this pic from my son. Decided to drive three hours, then ride his bike up the Going-to-the-Sun-Road in Glacier National Park. 3500 foot climb. Logan Pass is the top. Not open to cars yet, but they let hikers and bikes on the highway until it's fully cleared, which might be June - some years it's early July. Not much snowpack this year.

Water on the road, rocks, you might get lucky and get hit by a spring snowslide...

Found a place to camp, only because it's too early for tourists and the pass is closed.

[ATTACH]97254[/ATTACH]
                    So jealous. I hope my boys grow up to go off and do fun stuff like that.
                    i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Looking for opinions on what you guys think are the best road bikes in the $400-$500 price range. I'm more familiar with more expensive bikes but am looking to pick something up that's closer to entry level for my parents as they want to get into road biking again. They haven't had a road bike since the steel frame days.

I'm checking cl for any used options but am unfamiliar what are good models in the lower price range anymore.
                      Last edited by shameson; 06-01-2015, 06:14 PM.
                      '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                      '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                      '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                      '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by yungmike View Post
                        While the e30 was on jackstands briefly today, i went out on a parts run on this fly girl.
                        That's a cool looking bike. I like the downtubes coming off the back of it!

I just started riding my Fuji again. Going to try to use the least amount of gas as I can this month.
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

University of Montana Cycling team after the Wolf Creek road race Sunday. Near the Missouri River between Helena and Great Falls.

Name:	Wolf Creek.jpg
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	7176941

Comment

Shameson - that's a tough range to look in, unless you can find some good used deals. Ebay with some homework and reading before you buy.

You might check the generic models sold by Nashbar under their name - the assumption is they're built by the same manufacturers in Asia as name bikes but without the marketing.

There's 20% off that and free shipping right now. But check your local bike shops - they might have something as well.

Comment

Heres my old campy I've been riding for about a year now. Lots of patina on her.

Comment

Heres my old campy I've been riding for about a year now. Lots of patina on her.

Comment

Working...
                                X