No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Been there done that about 30 years ago and it was a blast. Now? Might be a bit concerned.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

...maybe there's a reason there were only 5 guys in Masters 50+ when there were 115 people riding..?

I think I'll have to take the celeste one back soon.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Colnago-Bianchi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	7180586

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
        So...I tried this cyclocross thing last week. Borrowed an old Bianchi from a friend and did a bunch of work to get it ready. My son and his teammates were shocked and excited to see me kitted up with a number. It felt too small at 52cm, but I got it set up as close as possible, and CX fit is different from road. Still felt odd.

[ATTACH]101600[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]101601[/ATTACH]

I learned that I'm completely unprepared and maybe too old for something like this. I learned that it is not a different form of cycling, it's a different sport entirely.

It's a core strength sport.
        It's an upper body strength sport.
        It is completely anaerobic - there is no place to rest.
        Running uphill takes a lot more energy than riding in any direction.
        Getting used to pedals you've never used is a pain in the ass.

This was like sending an intermediate skier down a triple black diamond chute with some lame advice and "You'll be fine."

I went end over end twice...in the same deep sand trap. Somehow I managed to finish, but a couple laps down. It hurts to breathe, raising my arm is sketchy, sleeping is difficult, and when I breathe something clicks or pops in my upper back. Just glad I didn't break my collarbone.
        I used to have a Bianchi like that. Never liked the way it rode. Severe toe overlap. It was also heavier than my mtb. I sold it with few miles on it.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

I think it's 18 lbs with the lighter Mavic wheels I put on it. Looks to be about an '02 Axis. He put the dent in the top tube in the first race he rode on it.

I sneezed hard this morning - it was bad.

The UM (Montana) guy on the pink bike won the whole thing outright.
          Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Name:	up.jpg
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	7180612

Name:	down.jpg
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	7180613

Comment

This is a great photo.

E46t

Comment

Spotted today:

E46t

Comment

SO much celeste!

Comment

Nevermind that I disagree with them:

E46t

Comment

[ATTACH]101686[/ATTACH]

Comment

Couple shots from today:

E46t

Comment

NYC is beautiful! Who knew?!

Comment

Shhh.. it's NJ :mrgreen:

E46t

Comment

More of a mountain biker myself, here's my Orange Five;

Now with my Gravity Dropper, WTB saddle and 1x10 drivetrain fitted;

I do have a CX bike as well, more for when i'm fed up with the British mud in the winter, Planet X XLS;

Twitter/Instagram - Kedge85

Comment

Interesting to see that huge brace at the back of the stays on the cross bike. Is that for the torque of braking, on the rotor side only?

Also, what's the black rubber (?) piece at the fork crown on the mtn bike? Does that flex with fork travel?

Comment

Interesting to see that huge brace at the back of the stays on the cross bike. Is that for the torque of braking, on the rotor side only?

Also, what's the black rubber (?) piece at the fork crown on the mtn bike? Does that flex with fork travel?
                                I would imagine it is to do with bracing due to the fact it's running discs, it is a carbon frame if that makes a difference!?

The part on the forks on the Orange, is actually neoprene, and is a type of mudguard - http://www.rapidracerproducts.com/neoguard.htm

However I don't think it's as effective as something like the Mucky Nutz mudguard.

Twitter/Instagram - Kedge85

Comment

Working...
                                X