No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad got me a carbon bike so we can ride together. Couple years old, but not bad, and a blast to ride.

Comment

Don't mean to be a bummer - some of you NW guys may see some news of this.

An Oregon State University cycling team rider was killed in a collegiate road race near Auburn / Black Diamond Saturday. Part of the NW Collegiate Cycling series, hosted this past weekend by UW.

Fast descent on wet roads, lost control, hit a guardrail. My son's group was riding behind him a ways.

Damn sad. 29 years old, PhD candidate and teaching assistant in engineering at OSU.

An Oregon man was killed when he hit a guardrail during a bicycle race Saturday near Flaming Geyser State Park south of Black Diamond.

USA Cycling, Colorado Springs, Colorado. 153,437 likes · 2,454 talking about this · 1,598 were here. Welcome to the official Facebook page of USA Cycling, the national governing body for the sport of...

Be safe out there.

Comment

Sad news. Prayers up.

Comment

At Walla Walla WA two weeks ago. Whitman, OSU, and Western Washington U at the finish after 50 miles of racing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OSU at Walla Walla.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	7184916

Comment

My BMX was stolen about 6 weeks ago. Thankfully insurance came through was able to get a super dialed bike out of it. That with a handful of connections for cheaper parts and I actually came out ahead. The best of the packages was from Profile Racing. Bought every titanium option they had.

that's about $1k worth of a few parts, lol.

New bike feels insanely good though. Been shredding on it a lot lately.

I also got my first mtn bike lately. Pictures of that to come but here's a photo from a hell of an epic hike/bike with a buddy.
            91 318is M50 swapped
            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Picked this up a couple months ago - Trek 520 Disc.

Comment

Top speed on my ride last night.

Will
                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Any recommendations for a tire for my 29er? I ride mostly bike paths and cross country style.. Don't need super aggressive tread.
                  Instagram
                  sigpic
                  Current: 99 M3
                  Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                    Top speed on my ride last night.
                    That's too fast son....you'll put your eye out doin' that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                      That's too fast son....you'll put your eye out doin' that shit.
                      My 53/11 was skipping for some reason, so I was limited to using only a 53/12... I can go faster. I've done 67 on the same hill, but I didn't have a digital camera at the time. I think I would have been close to that speed had I not blown my entry to a corner at the top of the hill and scrubbed a bunch of speed off.

Who's down for some roadbike downhill racing?

Will
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

How are you shooting that exactly? Helmet cam? (You're not handling the camera by hand, are you?)

E46t

Comment

Originally posted by leegf View Post
                          How are you shooting that exactly? Helmet cam? (You're not handling the camera by hand, are you?)
                          I took that pic in my living room with a D600 after the ride. (note, no current speed in the bottom readout.) Trying to shoot a pic at 61 mph? I think not. hahaha.

Will
                          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Haha, ok. You can tell I don't use a bike computer ;)

What was the grade and length of the descent, by the way?

E46t

Comment

Originally posted by leegf View Post
                              Haha, ok. You can tell I don't use a bike computer ;)

What was the grade and length of the descent, by the way?
                              It was kinda steep, and about 2 miles long. Its steep enough that I wouldn't want to ride up it. 650 ft gain in 1 mile apparently.

Will
                              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                                My 53/11 was skipping for some reason, so I was limited to using only a 53/12... I can go faster. I've done 67 on the same hill, but I didn't have a digital camera at the time. I think I would have been close to that speed had I not blown my entry to a corner at the top of the hill and scrubbed a bunch of speed off.

Who's down for some roadbike downhill racing?

Will
                                nah you crazy man you can get a speeding ticket on a bike BTW
                                88 325is Five Speed
                                Lachssilber

Comment

Working...
                                X