The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post
    i have been on my bike for the past 6 hours. my butt hurts and now my headset is loose.

At least your butt isn't loose and your headset being hurt.

Comment

i have been on my bike for the past 6 hours. my butt hurts and now my headset is loose.

that's what she said! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I too just got back from a spirited ride. I LOVE MY BIKE.

Comment

Originally posted by Il Duce View Post
        that's what she said! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I too just got back from a spirited ride. I LOVE MY BIKE.
        I suppose I did set myself up for that one.
        1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
        1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
        1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
        1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

On that note. Anyone have a good suggestion for a cheap seat to start out with?

Comment

get one of those seats that prevents erectile dysfunction and report back to us in 5 years
            1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
            1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
            1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
            1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
              On that note. Anyone have a good suggestion for a cheap seat to start out with?
              you want my brooks B17, its not exactly cheap but you want it anyways.

Comment

Dude, road rash fucking hurts. I just thought I'd share that with you fine people. It's like the worst sunburn I've ever had x 1000.

And I had to work today. Wriggling around like a contortionist inside cabinetry terminating Cat6 jacks. Scraping my arm on everything in sight.

Don't fall off your bike and slide along the ground.

Comment

Damn you crazyy. I'm going to be going out soon. It's still abouttt 90 Degrees at 8pm here so it's not the best condition to ride in.
                  -Erik
                  '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                  I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                    Dude, road rash fucking hurts. I just thought I'd share that with you fine people. It's like the worst sunburn I've ever had x 1000.
                    thats sucks.
                    i played in a billiard tournament after going down in a criterium and taking off half the skin on my right cheek and rear thigh.
                    I just kept chewing on ice the entire time it hurt so fucking much.

road rash hurts....to the point where you vomit scrubbing it to clean it off when fresh.

Comment

Yeah, the first shower the next morning was pure and abject horror.

Comment

keep it covered, keep it moist. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo View Post
                          keep it covered, keep it moist. ;)
                          I've got Neosporin on all of it now that I'm home, but I can't keep it all covered and stuff while I'm at work, I'm moving around way too much.

Comment

there's a web netting that you can get to hold down bandages instead of tape. comes as a tube and you roll it over the bandage...usually does a good job of keeping stuff covered especially when your sweating (it was put on me a few times by race doctors when i used to race years ago). uncomfortable at first, but you forget it is there.

dont remember what its called though.... :(

Comment

Leaked here first:

Gary Fisher will have road bikes in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                                So I don't feel like searching through this thread and you guys like talking about bikes.

I've been thinking of getting a single speed road bike for cheap <300 bucks hopefully.

I could also take a multi speed and convert it correct?

Any recommendations on frame size, ratio, etc etc? I'm 6'0 about 160 pounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X