• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KenC View Post
    Are you a beer S.N.O.B.?

http://oregonbeer.org/snob/
    Cool site!

I do brew my own beer, and love every minuet of it.
    I'll be doing up a batch of Amber next week!!!!:drink::drink:
    Originally posted by 416stroker
    well Fünfgang or whatever is the new ubernasty a whore

Comment

Too many Micro Breweries to list. As far as the more common ones...

Newcastle - it actually tastes pretty good warm too.

Guinness - only from the Tap... or the draught can, no bottles.

Samuel Smith - "winter welcome ale" usually only available in the winter.

Downtown brown - "The lost cost brewery" Eureka California micro brewery.

Fat tire/springboard

Imao, the only decent "mainstream" American brewery is Samuel Adams...and they even get their hops from Bavaria. I was trying to think, something else I really enjoy comes out of Bavaria...???

Corona is total piss. It's what they serve in all the crappy bars/clubs in Tijuana Mexico....$5 all you can drink. Don't even get me started on guys drinking Corona w/limes, "ghey"....but hey, to each their own.

Autos:
      1989 325ic -Blk/blk 5 speed, stock weaves, hella euro smilies, PB swap, 320i trans mounts, M3 CAB's, e36 rack, Vogtland springs, Billy Sport fronts/Kyb Camaro rears, M30?
      1986 eta -Chipped, stock weaves, hella euro smilies, M3 CAB's, e36 rack, Billy HD's -L.A. traffic killer -SOLD
      1983 300D WVO since '07 my DD
      Plus more...

Comment

Originally posted by schröe30er View Post

i love new castle just not warm, for some reason i hate it warn it has to be super icy cold to enjoy :D imo

blue moon is delicious :D

Comment

Too many Micro Breweries to list. As far as the more common ones...

Guinness - only from the Tap... or the draught can, no bottles.

Samuel Smith - "winter welcome ale" usually only available in the winter.

Downtown brown - "The lost cost brewery" Eureka California micro brewery.

Fat tire/springboard

Imao, the only decent "mainstream" American brewery is Samuel Adams...and they even get their hops from Bavaria. I was trying to think, something else I really enjoy comes out of Bavaria...???

Corona is total piss. It's what they serve in all the crappy bars/clubs in Tijuana Mexico....$5 all you can drink. Don't even get me started on guys drinking Corona w/limes, "ghey"....but hey, to each their own.

Downtown Brown is really the only "micro" in that list. A damn good one at that, however. Their Great White is good too.

Sam Adams is actually half-decent, although when you live in the beer capital of the world, it's tough to actually order one over a local.
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
            I am honestly a fan of the good 'ol original pilsner, Pilsner Urquell.
            I was going to make this recommendation as well.

Pilsner's are usually what I drink when not drinking Porter/Stout's.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Sam Adams is actually half-decent, although when you live in the beer capital of the world, it's tough to actually order one over a local.
              Yep.

Most of Sam Adams stuff is good but not excellent. They remind me of a contract brewer in NY, Saranac. Saranac has like 12 beers. All of them suck.

Originally posted by whysimon
              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Leinenkugel Honey Weiss

/thread

Comment

Agreed, The lime just makes your puke smell a little better at 4 AM...

I go for Pacifico, or Modello. It doesn't smell like a skunks waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.
                  Originally posted by 416stroker
                  well Fünfgang or whatever is the new ubernasty a whore

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                    Yep.

Most of Sam Adams stuff is good but not excellent. They remind me of a contract brewer in NY, Saranac. Saranac has like 12 beers. All of them suck.
                    fredkmatic for the people.

Comment

My favorite changes every time Lagunitas comes out with a new limited release, right now its their Olde GnarlyWine Style Ale. 22s, Mmmmm

Comment

Gnarley Wine is excellent.
                        Originally posted by Gruelius
                        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Found a new bar here in Scranton I'm gonna try out, Backyard Ale House. Every Tuesday they offer 5 for $5 craft and microbrew samples. 400 bottles, 30 some on tap.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
                          '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
                          '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
                          '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                            fredkmatic for the people.
                            That doesn't quite have the same ring to it, no?

Originally posted by whysimon
                            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Nope, it kinda sounds like a box of silverware falling out of the FedEx Custom Critical truck.

Comment

Downtown Brown is really the only "micro" in that list. A damn good one at that, however. Their Great White is good too.

Totally, Oregon has access to some great beers, same goes for northern cali... It trickles down to socal too, you just have to know where to look. Btw, what happened to the Henry Weinhard brewery? Didn't they move, or sell the company? That was pretty good beer, and 12 bottles could be had for $8. I remember taking road trips up to Portland and I loved how you could smell the hops from anywhere in town. I was sad when they stopped selling it down here. I can still find the private reserve, but that was my least favorite.

I just threw Downtown Brown in there cause it's a micro that you can actually find at most major grocery stores...in socal anyway.

Autos:
                                1989 325ic -Blk/blk 5 speed, stock weaves, hella euro smilies, PB swap, 320i trans mounts, M3 CAB's, e36 rack, Vogtland springs, Billy Sport fronts/Kyb Camaro rears, M30?
                                1986 eta -Chipped, stock weaves, hella euro smilies, M3 CAB's, e36 rack, Billy HD's -L.A. traffic killer -SOLD
                                1983 300D WVO since '07 my DD
                                Plus more...

Comment

Working...
                                X