The 'favorite beer' thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eecen View Post
    Cans are made of aluminum, aluminum has been proven to lead (causes) to Alzheimers.

Buy bottles.
    Originally posted by Hey_You View Post
    Bottled beer just tastes better IMO. I just tried a beer called Somersault by the same company that makes Fat Tire (New Belgium I believe) and it's awesome. Too bad it's a summer seasonal...it's already off the shelf where I beer shop :(

You noobs do realize that the inside of the cans are coated (have been for a long time) AND aluminum cans protect the beer from UV degradation.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Just went through all 49 pages. WOW!

Happy to see some familiar brews in here that I like. I just turned 21 so my experiments with different beers are really just beginning. But it all started in 2007 when my best friend and I first tried Spaten Oktoberfestbier. My taste for fine brews was forever changed and I vowed to no longer drink piss beer. Since then I've tried various brews but my tastes have changed quite a bit over the years.

Ive recently been drinking on:
      -DFH 90min IPA
      -Magic Hat #9
      -Duck Rabbit Milk Stout

Most looking forward to trying some seasonal beers that our local micros have to offer. I've been lamenting that I just barely missed out on a lot of the fall/winter seasonal beers. Anyone ever try Sweetwater Fresh Sticky Nugs? Part of their Dank Tank brew series. Here's a nice little review on it ---> http://www.dingsbeerblog.com/?p=3262

And I'm pretty much drooling over the thought of this stuff:

Bring on the brews r3v!
      Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

I've been on a Sour binge lately. Russian River makes a few good ones, as does some place in Nevada whose name I forget. Was tasty on draft though.
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Per the suggestion of some of you guys I tried the Samuel Smith's oatmeal stout. Killer beer! I tried the Rouge juniper pale and wasnt too happy with it. I could taste the bitteryness of the juniper berries but not really the berries themselves.

Theres a local bottle shop with a bunch of Rouge beers. Even some RoughXS beers that I'll have to try. But i was fortunate enough to pick up a Sweetwater Fresh Sticky Nugs. Its a double red ale 8%abv.
          Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
            You noobs do realize that the inside of the cans are coated (have been for a long time) AND aluminum cans protect the beer from UV degradation.
            Have you heard about the side effects coming from the membranes used inside canned food? Not sure if it's still in use etc, but it was a petroleum product that leached a chemical into the food. Turns out this chemical acts as estrogen (spelling) inside the human body. Fun.

Glass is at least inert. Also brown bottles filter out sunlight. And why are you leaving your beer in the sun for extended periods to begin with?

Sent from my SK17a using Tapatalk

Comment

Damn BC hippies

Comment

New Fav, 'Back in Black'

Originally posted by vlad
                Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Eat shit sunshine. I'll be the one laughing when you're growing a nice set of mits.

Comment

Was a joke smartass, notice how I'm from BC as well? Way to validate the stereotype

Comment

Sarcasm is hard to convey through text. Lol

Comment

Comment

:)

http://www.mcnaughtonart.com/

Comment

Stella Artois
                            '90 325is DD, 5 spd swap-H&R springs-Euro Headlight Fully Built OBD1 M54b30. Ox Blood interior, 3.46 LSD with Z3M Diff Cover. Custom shifter, every bushing replaced.
                            '86 325e- Donor car for swap/parts car
                            '00 323i- BBS 197s Totalted
                            '89 740 turbo Volvo- Donated

Comment

keystone light for when i have no money,
                              newcastle for when i do.:p

Comment

heineken
                                Originally posted by Sagaris
                                He wasn't around because he spent 7 years in jail for assault. There was a group of guys doing a 24v swap on someones car and one of the neighbor kids came over and starting too many questions. Tempers flared, sawzalls did work, and he cut the kids leg off. The victim later joined this forum under the name "5toes".

Comment

Working...
                                X