The 'favorite beer' thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illest318i View Post
    Beer taste's like shit! Or maybe it's me that i'm not a man yet haha.
    But some Daniel's my friends is the shizz ;D
    beer is much better than hard liquor IMO.
    but i havent tried much hard liquor.... vodka sucks ass BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by davey101 View Post
      Mmm..
      Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

great white belgian

widmer brothers heifweizen.

In general though beer is not a brand its how fresh it is. Those two are local and fresh.

nothing tastes like beer made that day. Like the ad says taste the water.

Now for an import nothing beats corona because its shipped so fast.

the longer a beer sits the grosser it gets.

Comment

this lemonade summer shandy leinenkugels is really good....
          a heineken also treated me good.
          good beer is good.

Comment

Stone Pale Ale

Red, not green!

Also, I love me some Arrogant Bastard, Oaked AB and Double AB!
            Last edited by giantkeeper; 08-20-2012, 07:29 AM.
            Originally posted by blunttech
            Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
              i just had some newcastle for the first time, it was eh.
              now im trying some Leinenkugels "summershanty" lemonade beer, tastes great!

but i really enjoy blue moon summer honey wheat, great brew.

but i've only had 6 or 7different types of beer, any suggestions from the beer drinking veterans?

And Leinenkugels "summer shandy" (had to correct that since everyone who comes into my store says shanty lol) is too overpoweringly lemony for me. I don't mind a citrus taste, I prefer it in most of my beers. But it was too much. pretty much like you said, lemonade lol

As for suggestions, I would start light like someone said with german hefeweizens, american pale ales, european pilsners, and american lagers/German Bocks. Then, if you want, move to more hoppy stuff.

Good german stuff: Hacker Pschorr (Weisse(wheat) and now Oktoberfest, same company as paulaner)
              Weihenstephaner (hefeweiss, oldest continuously operating brewery in the world) Click ME!!
              Warsteiner

Good American Stuff:
              Sierra Nevada (pale ale, killerweizen, tumbler, all great)
              Sam Adams (their Kolsch is nice, their summer seasonal has a lot of nice choices in it that are lighter. Try Cherry Wheat.
              Shiner beer (their Bock/Lager is not very bitter (13 IBU i believe) with good hop taste. All their other offerings are solid as well.) Click ME!!
              Magic Hat (#9 and Circus Boy)

A lot of beer stores are starting to make singles racks in their cooler and on the sales floor. They usually do a "make your own 6 pack" deal. You can just grab a single of all types of things and try out a ton of variety. I still do that all the time at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagaris
                He wasn't around because he spent 7 years in jail for assault. There was a group of guys doing a 24v swap on someones car and one of the neighbor kids came over and starting too many questions. Tempers flared, sawzalls did work, and he cut the kids leg off. The victim later joined this forum under the name "5toes".

Comment

Oh and I had this last night.

Very good. nice complex flavor you would expect from an DIPA. Amazing hop flavor, balanced with sweet flavors like pineapple and citric fruits. For the amount of hop flavor present, it wasn't overbearing or a hop bomb. Once it warmed up, it really let out its hop flavor. Pine notes and bitter grapefruit dominated it, but in a pretty good way.

I only paid $5 for the 22oz bomber of it (well worth it) and now we have 12oz 4 packs in my store! woot!

Comment

Originally posted by stamar View Post

Errrrr..... what? For most beers there is a window of when it should be enjoyed by.... but that window is usually about 12 months. That's not even taking into consideration beers that get BETTER with age. High ABV brews can stand up to being aged and cellared. Also, beers aged in oak are kept there for a while.

Alcohol and hops are both preservatives, the more you have of each, the longer the beer lasts.

Also, MOST beers beat Corona in freshness, since it is brewed with very little hops, has a low ABV, is shipped on non-refrigerated trucks, kept in hot warehouses, and is most susceptible to being light struct (due to clear bottles). Though I will give them credit for having the best cases in terms of not letting light in. No gaps in the cardboard of 6 pack and loose bottle cases.

Comment

i seeeeee, very interesting stuff!
                      and yeah i pronounce it shandy but for some reason as i was pretty shitty last night i spelled it shanty? iduno why hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by stamar View Post
                        great white belgian

widmer brothers heifweizen.

In general though beer is not a brand its how fresh it is. Those two are local and fresh.

nothing tastes like beer made that day. Like the ad says taste the water.

Wat. Corona is sold in clear bottles. Its skunked the minute a UV ray touches it. That is the opposite of fresh and local. Pretty sure Widmer is contract brewed nowadays, and they've gotten so large there is no way you're drinking it within a week of bottling.

Some beers age very gracefully. Theres so many different styles that saying that beer gets gross with age is pretty ignorant. A super hoppy IPA is best enjoyed fresh, but I'll be damned if a gueuze with 10 years on it isn't the tastiest beer I've ever had.

Comment

Russian river Blind Pig is really good
                          sigpic

Comment

We're now approaching my favorite time of year... Oktoberfest! My favorite style.
                            88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                            We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

omgomgomgomgomgomgomg.

Best day...EVER!

well ok not really. But good for beer, Stone beer in particular. I picked up 2 bottles of Enjoy By IPA, 1 bottle of Double Bastard, 1 bottle of 16th Anniversary IPA, and a bottle of Russian Imperial Stout.

YES for knowing delivery days :P

and I just downed a SN kellerweizen. I forgot how fucking good that beer is. so perfect.
                              Last edited by Dermeister3; 08-21-2012, 06:32 PM.

Comment

I am a simple guy. I enjoy a cold Blue Moon at just about any time.
                                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                                X