• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
    hey beer fanatics out there,
    dermeister, etc.
    is it true Budweiser makes shock top?
    i told a coworker today about how i tried one yesterday and rather enjoyed it,
    he responded saying, oh, did you know Budweiser makes shock top?
    i was like 0.o

I usually don't drink stuff like that but have been enjoying the Shocktop lately.AB
    Originally posted by blunttech
    Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
      hey beer fanatics out there,
      dermeister, etc.
      is it true Budweiser makes shock top?
      i told a coworker today about how i tried one yesterday and rather enjoyed it,
      he responded saying, oh, did you know Budweiser makes shock top?
      i was like 0.o
      Shock Top is owned by InBev, who owns Budweiser. We put it on display on the same palates as Bud/Bud lite/etc at my store. I'm not sure if its brewed by Budweiser, but they don't use the same ingredients either way. But don't worry too much about who brews it. If you enjoy it, drink it.

InBev also owns brands like Leffe, Franziskaner, Hoegaarden, and Becks. I know they now brew Becks in the US, which some have said to change the flavor a bit (due to different water). Shock Top is not crazily mass produced, so they don't use the same "adjunct" ingredients, like corn, in the brewing process to keep costs low. So already, it's going to have a different and better flavor, no matter where it's brewed.

Comment

thats some good info!
        thanks dermeister.
        i really need to try some new beers.

Comment

If you like Shock Top (a Belgian Wit/Wheat) you could try similar beers like a Leffe or Hoegaarden. Blue Moon is a solid choice at a bar as well that is similar, but has its own unique taste.

Other styles that resemble Belgian Wits are German hefeweizens or American Wheats (like Blue Moon). Paulaner and Hacker Pschorr are both similar and good choices for not too much money as well. Wiehenstephaner (if you can find it) is probably the best german hefe out there, and oldest as well. Really unique, subtle flavors like banana and spice are what I really like about wiehenstephaner.

Don't forget about pale ales, too! They may sound boring but a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, or even their Kellerweizen (hefeweizen) is considered one of the best in America, and at a good price.

I'm jealous of your residence in Cali, its basically the beer capital of the West Cost. Stone brewing makes a great pale ale as well as a ton of other styles. More costly, but very delicious as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dermeister3 View Post
            If you like Shock Top (a Belgian Wit/Wheat) you could try similar beers like a Leffe or Hoegaarden. Blue Moon is a solid choice at a bar as well that is similar, but has its own unique taste.

Other styles that resemble Belgian Wits are German hefeweizens or American Wheats (like Blue Moon). Paulaner and Hacker Pschorr are both similar and good choices for not too much money as well. Wiehenstephaner (if you can find it) is probably the best german hefe out there, and oldest as well. Really unique, subtle flavors like banana and spice are what I really like about wiehenstephaner.

Don't forget about pale ales, too! They may sound boring but a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, or even their Kellerweizen (hefeweizen) is considered one of the best in America, and at a good price.

I'm jealous of your residence in Cali, its basically the beer capital of the West Cost. Stone brewing makes a great pale ale as well as a ton of other styles. More costly, but very delicious as well.
            let me know if you ever want me to search for/ship anything!
            yeah i do enjoy blue moon, i need to adventure upon more beers.

the other night i tried an "oranjeboom" lager, that was pretty darn good!

Comment

Stone brewing makes a great pale ale as well as a ton of other styles.
              Has been my beverage of choice for years! I can remember serving the Stone Pale Ale at my wedding seven years ago and people complained it was too strong. I took the rest home and kept it to myself!

Comment

I watched a documentary once about ab inbev's market domination in the beer scene. They own something like 50% of the brands you see at your local grocery store, that statistic is probably lower at your local bottle shop.

Firestone Walker Sucaba. Get it. Love it.

O and i recently picked up the latest batch of Founders Breakfast Stout. Good, but previous years were better. So I grabbed a 4 pack of Old (Reliable) Rasputin. The best readily available RIS.

O, and its Marzen Seasonnnnn!!!!!!!!! Gimme them octoberfests, dopplebocks, gimme them all.
                I'll be on the lookout for that. Over the past few weeks I've been finishing off the last of the 8/2011 brew date breakfast stouts. Probably my favorite stout. If you can get Heavy Seas siren noire, I'd definitely seek that out. Its a double chocolate stout. Its avail here for only 5 bucks for a bomber. Sweetwater Dank Tank Oktoberfest was just released down here as well. Today's adventure brought me these new treats:

-the paper-wrapped one is schneider aventinus weizenbock vintage 2005
                Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

did the rear brakes and an oil change on a kids E92 2 days ago. He's a brewer at this local brewery and gave me 2 racks of it. Really good and has a distinct taste.

around this area it's BOCK beer tapping time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lots of fun at the brewerys around here.

Comment

^ That's awesome. Do you permanently reside in Germany or there for business?

I was tempted by a friend into buying these sours. They came in a pack, otherwise they wouldve been too expensive for me. There were pretty good.

Last edited by JTDay; 10-21-2012, 03:39 PM.
                    Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

Any body had Avery brewery 'Kaiser'? Its crazy good Oktoberfest @ 10% too!
                      At $9 a bottle its good for a special occasion.

Comment

Uinta Labyrinth.

Probably my favorite imperial stout.
                        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by Optimator View Post
                          Mr. Hemiman,

Wachusett makes extremely mediocre beer. They at least have the saving grace of Wachusett Larry, which makes their other offerings pale by comparison.

Sincerely,
                          -Optimator!
                          I know they're nothing spectacular but I like them. The brewery is a 5 minute drive from my house and I know the owner. Between their Ipa, Green Monsta ale, Larry, and Winter ale (plus their new Pumpkan), I'll never hesitate to pick up a 12 pack from them.
                          1988 325i Vert
                          1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

Just grabbed Voo Doo American Stout, Epic Brewing Imperial Pumpkin Porter, Coronado BC Red Devil Imperial Pale Ale and Sam Adams Cinder Boch.

Comment

My favorite beer is always the next one.....and cold, I like cold beer.
                              Originally posted by codyep3
                              I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                              2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                              1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                              1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                              2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                              2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                              2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                              2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                              2010 F650gs twin
                              2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

recently tried Rogues "Brutal IPA". Very good. Kinda murky (i like that in an IPA), poured a decent thick head, not overly bitter, but definitely a good bite vs most IPAs

Would recommend.

Comment

Working...
                                X