• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e34john View Post
    Anyone get any Westvleteren today?

Please sell me a bottle!
    Good Bier, been there twice now.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

No Hopslam yet :( may have to try and trade for it since NJ doesn't get Bell's

But I got this awesome stout which is definitely among my top 5 stouts now:

Comment

Originally posted by Low Level E30 View Post
        Molson, of any variety (Ice, Golden, etc).
        Gay.

Moosehead.
        More gay.

Corona.
        Watered down Latino gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz View Post
          becks
          Overrated skunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            I like beer that is.............cold.
            And for many beers, that is the worst way to drink it.

Comment

Originally posted by kansas-ix View Post
              Boulevard STOUT( it don't get no better, ask Ryan Stewart.)
              New Belguim Trippel (simply because its dank and is 8.4% for $5.99)
              Hale to ole Samuel Smith any variety.
              Great Lakes Brewing Co. ( also any variety, Burning River Pale Ale just because the river once did really catch on fire in Cleveland because of pollution.)
              And last on the west coast Portand Brewing Co. and Medicino Brewing Co.
              and Harpoon when your on MV
              Now heres a guy who knows whats going on!

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                Sorry, gonna have to go with Heineken.
                Gawd...I knew someone would say it.

Anybody who drinks purposely skunked beer, needs to get their palate examined.

Comment

I have been enjoying the Sam Adams Seasonal Winter and Spring 24 packs from Costco/Sams Club lately. I must say they do a damn good job on most of their beers.
                  Originally posted by blunttech
                  Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

There is no real correct answer here...there are too many variables. I brew my own beer, but it is generaly known that Apearance, Aroma, Flavor, Mouthfeel, Strength, and Gravity are all measurable attributes when criticizing a beer. Most "American" beer is a light over-carbonated Pilsner. Which is fine for "getting drunk" on. But moving down the list to darker varieties, typically, the more complex the beer becomes.

Pale lager, Witbier, Pilsener, and Berliner Weisse are all "light" beers, and usually have little real flavor.

Maibock, and Blonde Ales will have a little more bit, but are still considered light.

Weissbier, American Pale Ale, and India Pale Ales are usually well rounded.
                    Saison, English Bitter, and ESB are typicaly "hoppy" brews

Biere de Garde, and Double IPA...now were starting to see things happen on the palate.

Dark lager, Vienna lager, Marzen, and Amber Ales are good "meal" beers. A nice Amber with pizza is the cats meow.

Brown Ale, Bock, Dunkel, and Dunkelweizen are real biters...almost thick. Real good with a fat burger.

Irish Dry Stout, Doppelbock, and Porters are best with less carbonation, and served warmer. Hard to get a good one on tap because of the shared cooler. Id let one of these stand for 15 minutes if it was too cold.

Stout is in a class by itself. Rich, dark, earthy. Good with any hearty meal. Again, better a little warmer.

Foreign Stout, and Baltic Porters are beers you can almost chew on. Very aromatic, thick and dark. People either love 'em, or hate 'em.

Imperial Stout is the darkest out there, and probably the strongest flavored beer. Usually reserved for the least faint of heart. I dont even care for it much...I consider it "over the top". I recon it to drinking lightly carbonated syrup.

But anyway, as you can see the almost endless combinations one can tailor to your tastes, can easily hit the 10,000 mark, if not 100, 000.

Therefore, to each their own, but please...Corona?? ;)
                    Last edited by Gasturbine; 01-24-2013, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasturbine View Post
                      Gawd...I knew someone would say it.

Anybody who drinks purposely skunked beer, needs to get their palate examined.
                      Interesting. While I agree that I don't like what light does to most beers, traditional gueuze and lambics are infected from the start. They are considered some of the best beers in the world.

The Belgians literally don't pitch yeast in these styles, they just let natural bacteria and yeast settle in the wort and they ferment openly. There are similar tastes between a purposely Brett infected lambic and a skunked Heineken.

So do all the people who drink purposely infected beer with taste profiles of vinegar, sour, dank, musty, and wet horse blanket need to get their palates examined?

Heineken is not "purposely" skunked, it is just the traditional taste of that European Pale lager. All beer that you see in stores has been shaded from light from the time of bottling, to the time of consumption (besides perhaps 6 packs which receive minimal light invasion from store lights). If you want to test the pure taste of Heineken or Corona, pour it from a can, which are impossible to skunk, and it will taste the same.

Comment

Had this last night, vintage 2003. Not as good as i remember 2005 being.

And alas! I've waited a year for this. These were delivered this morning.

Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

Originally posted by Dermeister3 View Post
                          So do all the people who drink purposely infected beer with taste profiles of vinegar, sour, dank, musty, and wet horse blanket need to get their palates examined?
                          In the realm of widening their beer tasting portfolio, in my opinion, yes.

I know I said to each their own, but I would indeed question ones palate if they chose Heineken over a good Double IPA based on taste alone.

Heineken is not "purposely" skunked, it is just the traditional taste of that European Pale lager.
                          "Skunked" as in the ending taste of the beer. Agreed it was not "skunked" as to the true definition of the term, but the ending resulting taste (as in your words "...with taste profiles of vinegar, sour, dank, musty, and wet horse blanket ") is the same as being done so.

Comment

Originally posted by Dermeister3 View Post
                            If you want to test the pure taste of Heineken or Corona, pour it from a can, which are impossible to skunk, and it will taste the same.
                            I never said Corona was skunked, but rather the most tasteless, dullest, and boring Pale Lager I have ever consumed. People shove limes in them for a reason. I would wager large amounts that in blind taste tests, Corona would come out the loser.

Comment

I picked up a 1/6 barrel keg of Shock Top Midnight Wheat for $20. It's not too bad for a beer from AB and can't beat the price. There are hints of chocolate and peppers and is pretty smooth to drink with nice head.
                              1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

Originally posted by Gasturbine View Post
                                In the realm of widening their beer tasting portfolio, in my opinion, yes.

I know I said to each their own, but I would indeed question ones palate if they chose Heineken over a good Double IPA based on taste alone.

"Skunked" as in the ending taste of the beer. Agreed it was not "skunked" as to the true definition of the term, but the ending resulting taste (as in your words "...with taste profiles of vinegar, sour, dank, musty, and wet horse blanket ") is the same as being done so.
                                I believe a significant portion of beer enthusiasts may in fact chose Heineken over a good IIPA. This is simply because not all people like the taste profile of bitter, grapefruit, and pine in their beers. Just like you don't like imperial stouts. To each his own.

Edit: Just like i dont like most Belgian styles, I would chose a Bud Light over a Brett Saison DuPont in a mutually exclusive situation; even though the latter is widely regarded as being much much tastier.

Comment

Working...
                                X