No announcement yet.

The 'favorite beer' thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken, you've got good taste. Although, I didn't find Arrogant Bastard that good, but I loved what they had printed on the bottle. And Dead Guy is great. I used to go with my girlfriend's dad to find old gas station paraphernalia (pumps, signs etc.) and when we found something, we'd toast a Dead guy because the shit we had just bought was once owned by a guy that's likely dead now.

If I'm not looking for something dark, I live Blue Moon. But their seasonal ales aren't too great..

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
      Smithwicks.
      I've been drinking this a bit lately. It's really good on tap.
      Not that I care, of course.

Comment

I prefer my own beer, but if I have to leave my house: Yuengling Lager, Dogfish Head 60-minute IPA or the Victory Hopdevil or High Life.
        sigpic

Comment

I've been lightly searching in vain for Lowenbrau, and in the mean time, Becks, Stella Artois, and Widmer Hefeweisen have been playing substitute.

And PBR when $ is tight. Mmm-hmm...
          If life passes you by... Downshift.

Comment

Best beer I've had so far is from a local brewery that was started by a Brewmeister that previously worked for Four Peaks Brewery(I'm sure some people have heard of them) It's a fairly light hefe that is ridiculously smooth but packs a serious punch. It's brewed with a hint of banana and goes down so well. I can down my beers like the next person but three of these and I was feeling pretty damned good.

Comment

Originally posted by eric (^__^) View Post
              I've been drinking this a bit lately. It's really good on tap.
              That's the only way I drink it. If I'm drinking from a bottle, it's something local like ABC (Atlanta Brewing Co) or Sweetwater (also Atlanta based)

Comment

eric, what bar do you usually drink at?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                  That's the only way I drink it. If I'm drinking from a bottle, it's something local like ABC (Atlanta Brewing Co) or Sweetwater (also Atlanta based)
                  Brewhouse has Smithwicks on tap. Quite good, but it makes me hungover bad.
                  Yours truly,
                  Rich
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Rigmaster
                  you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                    import drinking pussies.

PBR & High Life "exclusively"
                    hahaha

I love how people bitch about not being able to fix their e30's, but drink $9.00 six-packs of beer.

Coors Light FTW.

And Hef on occasion when out for dinner.
                    PNW Crew
                    90 m3
                    06 m5

Comment

Pipeline Porter - Kona Brewing company

Hazed and Infused - Boulder brewing

Boulevard Pale and Hef

Mac & Jacks african amber

Can NOT beat those 5. There is a brew for every mood, might as well be a superior one!
                      Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
                      That Guy.
                      03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by cholyoke View Post
                        Dogfish Head 60-minute IPA or the Victory Hopdevil.
                        Both excellent! Have you tried the 90-minute? it's their imperial version

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
                          eric, what bar do you usually drink at?
                          I usually drink in Olympia because that's where I go weekends.

You should check out the Fishbowl next time you are there.

There's a bar called the Eastside Tavern that has a pretty good micro selection.

Where should I drink here? I go to Doyle's but that's only because I can see it from my window. :) Otherwise I've come to agree with you it is not the coolest place to be.

Comment

i have friends that like doyles, but i think it is a poser bar imo. i go to the parkway. it is just around the bend from you (near 711). a lot of local beers and no mixed drinks
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey I've been invited there recently. I'll be there tonight probably.

Doyles is indeed a poser bar, but they have some nice taps.

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                                Brewhouse has Smithwicks on tap. Quite good, but it makes me hungover bad.
                                So does Locos and Taco Mac. What/where is brewhouse?

I think my new favorite place to go drink is Brick Store in Decatur... only been once but it was a good time and they have an awesome selection.

Comment

Working...
                                X