Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a pile of shit car they loved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a pile of shit car they loved?

I was just looking though my photo bucket account, and I came across my old mazda I had.

I miss that car. It was free and a rotten piece of shit. There was no frame, just rust, I had staggered wheels on the front axle, the thermostat was stuck wide open so I never had heat without the aid of a cardboard box box on the rad, and the LCD on the radio was busted.

But I loved that hunk of crap. I beat the living shit out of that car and it took ever minute of abuse. If it cost more than $20 to fix something, it didn't happen.

I love having a car you don't have to care about it, or like in the traditional sense. I feel bad when I hurt my jetta, because I like it. I don't want to run it into the ground, and I feel obligated to fix things.

Anyways, if I ever need a new car to beat in, I'm gonna get another 91 mazda 626 in stick.

Oh, the mpg was nuts too. I think I was crackin 34mpg. My jetta only gets 30 :(
    Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

I never realy had a POS before, but the closest thing to one was propobly my 1972 Chevrolet Nova SS (i have no pictures of it :(). It was my daily driver and was bone stock original. It still had the factory paint and matching numbers driveline. The car had bad paint,rusty 1/4's, and trunk floor. and it looked like a bear got ahold of the vinyl top but the int. was brand new though. The car was optioned out with every thing but a folding cloth sun roof. It ran good and never let me down but to look at it, it needed a total restoration. But i sold it cause i wanted another Mopar.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

e30.
      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

1992 Ford Fiesta (AKA the Party Car!!!)

Comment

Current car.(look down)
          Byron
          Leichtbau

Comment

'79 Scirocco - I loved that POS, and so did the girls in HS. It died way too soon.

I wadded up about 8 A1's before I was ~23. I learned to work on cars since I kept killing 'em.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

1976 280z, it ran like shit, was dinged to hell on every body panel, the clutch was weak, the rear end mount was broken and the rear end would clunk around, the heater core leaked so the defroster blew steam onto my windshield. It didn't have carpet and the doors were misaligned so that they scraped the fenders when opening and closing. Turn signals didn't work doors didn't lock and it didn't have an e-brake. luckily it was my brothers car, but he was away at college at the time so it was my dd for a year. I loved that car, but i'm also so happy to see it go.

Comment

Current car.

'88 325is
                VP UT of Austin Autoholics
                BMWCCA 380364

Comment

The first car I ever bought was a mint red 86 Fiero 4 cyl notchback. It had unpredictable understeer, a problematic clutch, only revved to 5k, had electrical gremlins everywhere but...it was mine!

lots of random people told me I had a nice Ferrari, people are stupid
                  sigpic
                  1991 Diamantschwarz 318is
                  1998 Cosmosschwarz M3 Sedan

Comment

I had a POS 1971 Chevy Kingswood wagon. Thing was a tank. Got it from the 'rents when I hit driving age. It was the school cruiser. Had holes in the floor you could lose a big screen thru. Ended up being a demo derby rig. In the last 25 years and at least a couple hundred cars, I remember this one most, not because it was the best, it was the first.

Comment

my first car- '84 celica gt hatchback.

22RE 100hp truck engine, solid rear axle... both negative points, but at the same time i was learning power-over and feint with that ugly little bitch back in '95, before i or anyone else stateside knew it was called "drifting".

if i hadn't owned that car, i probably never would have bought my 325is, or the s14 and s13 that preceded, so thanks dad, for not starting me off with a civic.
                      past:
                      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:
                      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

I've got a bunch of pile of shit cars.
                        I have a 72 scout that I paid $500 for. It runs damn good but the combination of the floor/exhaust ending simultaneously behind the front seats makes it a bit of a headache to drive.

I also have a Mk1 Toyota Mr2 that I bought for $250 that I fucking love, a buddy of mine called me on the forth of July a couple years back to help him kill it because he didn't want to part out a perfectly running car (he bought the car for the wheels because his Mr2 came with shitty ricer wheels with bald tires).
                        So he comes out to my house and hit the gravel roads with me following in my truck to tow them back when/if something happened. originally this dumbass white trash former friend of mine was driving (like a fucking waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles I might add, I literally almost rear ended him 2/3 times driving a lifted toyota tacoma with 33's) we come up to this T intersection and my buddy Eric grabs the wheel and yanks on it causing them to veer off the road, over a berm and then back onto the road, (I should add that this car has zero exaust and there happened to be a 4th of July party with what looked to be about 100 people right across the street) Adams dumb ass continued gingerly along as I noticed a couple of the people at the party jump onto 4wheelers and start to chase us.
                        Needless to say they were able to catch up rather quickly,take a short cut and cut them off at an intersection. according to Eric the conversation went something like this
                        Hicks "what in sam hell are you kids doing"
                        Eric "driving"
                        Hicks "doesn't look like your friend is very good at it"
                        Eric "You can say that again"
                        Hicks "well god dammit....What the fuck......you kids have a good 4th of July weekend.:)

At that point Eric came the the realization that Adam was not qualified to properly drive this car I was asked to give it a whirl. So I get in with adam in the passenger seat and Eric driving my tacoma and start giving this little trooper 10/10 going into corners and about double what I think i can take them at and just toss it into a slide, downshift, floor it and hang on.
                        That fucker is probably the best sliding car that I have ever driven.
                        It's set it and forget it with that car. I didn't however have any luck destroying it, and not for a lack of trying, from the second i got in that thing I had it bouncing off the rev limiter.
                        after a few minutes I look back and see that Eric and my truck are nowhere to be seen and about that time I do manage to get it to spin out at an intersection so I just pin the gas and cut cookies till he catches up. by the time he shows up there is of course to much dust to see him, soon enough I receive a phone call from him that is simply him laughing hysterically so I continue on. about 30 seconds later the motor died and would not restart. after being scolded my Eric for not even putting the car in the ditch once I hooked up the tow strap and started the journey back to my house. the hicks that had chased us seemed to be rather amused at the sight of the car being towed back past their house.
                        a couple minutes later Eric was able to restart the car and it returned to my house under its own power. where I gave Eric $250 for it.

I also have a 76 jeep Wagoner that I didn't really even want to buy, I saw it sitting on the side of the road and went to look at it, the guy came outside and I took a test drive with him, I went home and came to the conclution that I would offer him $650 and buy it if he would take that (he was asking 900) I offered and he agreed, so I bought it. even though I am a hard core Toyota guy and I fucking hate jeeps.

Comment

I've got a 1984 Nissan/Datsun 720 KingCab Pickup atm as my beater. I bought it back in February of '06, then gave it to my dad when I went back to school. Only maintenance I did to it was put new plugs in and a new set of shocks on. I am just now doing more maintenance. The thing is a beast. I just had to replace the distributor cap/rotor, vacuum advance diaphragm, the POS hitachi carb with a nice Weber 32/36, plugs, and that is about it for now. Next weekend I get to do the cooling system and tomorrow me an a guy at work are going to be tuning the ignition/carb. This damn thing is so freaking easy to work on. I didn't even know anything about carbs until this past wednesday when I replaced mine.
                          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

My dad's '86 Toyota Camry (which he bought new). I drove it exclusively when I got my license. That thing was a fucking tank.

I remember going too fast around a corner in the rain, and driving it sideways into a field, and maneuvering right back into the road and not a scratch on it. Burnouts were especially fun.

The timing belt snapped finally, and its sitting in front of one of my dad's shops, rusting away, waiting to be fixed....
                            Originally posted by BillBrasky
                            E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
                            1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
                            1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
                            1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
                            2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

My 74' Mazda Rotary pickup. Couldn't even idle on its own and it was bright yellow but burying the tach forever and flames flying out of the exhaust was just awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X