That'll teach those flag-peddlers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That'll teach those flag-peddlers...

For those who don't know, I do custom home theater, audio and home automation for a living. Our shop showroom theater has reached the pinnacle of annoying your neighbors. Our showroom is located next door to a flag and banner shop, run by a family of REALLY uptight super-christians. Whenever we bring potential clients by the showroom to demo our theater, we get bitched at with 15 minutes becuase our system is too loud. It's a full high-def 7.1 surround system, with dual 12" subwoofers in the front of the room.

So we called a local audio engineering firm to come down and baffle the wall in between their shop and ours. Well, to get an idea of what we were dealing with, the tech and the owner of our shop went next door to see what it really sounds like. So our lead designer and I decided to push it. We put in an HD DVD that has the new THX demo segment at the beginning, and put the receiver to 0. For those that don't know, most high-end audio recievers start down in the negative, 0 is the point where the reciever is no longer "stiffling" the output, and is outputting raw signal. So it's pretty fucking loud.

Well, when the THX demo hit the part where the THX sound actually comes in, our system literally BLEW the clock off the wall...

...of the shop next door. On the opposing wall.

lol I usually leave my h/k receiver on about -25
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

I want a JL Gotham at cost, hook me up?

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
        I want a JL Gotham at cost, hook me up?
        We don't do JL. For recievers, we use Harmon/Kardon, Denon and for the real ballers, Lexicon.

Just about every system we install gets a Denon. We just got this one in our showroom, like 3 weeks ago. This is what is controlling our theater.

Denon AVR-3808:

Comment

Lots of I/O.

Are you familiar with the JL Gotham? Basically 2 13W7's on steroids, 3800wrms amp, in one 360lb enclosure.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
          https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Denon ftw.

Comment

Denon is pretty good

My dad is somewhat of an audiophile. He has 4 Celestion speakers in the living room, Audiolab amp & pre-amp, & California Audio Lab CD player.

He also has a MacIntosh amp, but its out of service.

Comment

i was an errand/bitch boy for a small audio chain that did car and home audio, i loved hanging in the home audio store. that story brings back memories of trying out the new products that would come in...awesome

denon ftmfw

Comment

that reciever has Internet radio through direct ethernet hookup?? that is the shit! ~$1100 sounds damn worth it to me...
                  IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

i usually keep my pioneer 7.1 at about -40 for tv watching (my roomate is a bitch always complains when i turn it up past there) when hes gone and i want to watch a movie (just got transformers) -20 is about the highest i go and its fuckin loud, i love it, need a new sub though
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                      We don't do JL. For recievers, we use Harmon/Kardon, Denon and for the real ballers, Lexicon.

No McIntosh?
                      Originally posted by Teaguer
                      Filling an Eta's tank with super unleaded will reach the cars maximum attainable performance level .

Aa a bonus filling the tank will also double any Eta's resale value .

Comment

Denon is where its at. Love mine all though its been packed up in the basement for a year or so.
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Sounds pretty intense man.

A buddy of mine is running an Anthem D2 Pre-amp mated to a McIntosh 205 :)
                          Originally posted by Gruelius
                          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Invite the neighbors at the banner shop over to watch a few movies off hours - maybe if you let them SEE what's thumping the hell out of their walls, they'll understand why it's cool & not just group it in with the annoying boomcars at the stoplights.

At least give 'em a shot - never know, if they have a good business they might be willing to drop a small coin on a HT setup.

Sidebar - No B&K ? what's up? Their 507 is baller, let alone going separates.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Hahahaha, I was listening to "The world of formula 1" demo disc that my Dad got back in Munich YEARS ago (when schumi was with camel). Neighbour came over to say their fine china was rattling next door LOL.

Yamaha 7.1 Receiver + Velodyne 12" + Techniques components. Now before all of you guys knock that, it sounds simply amazing for a budget minded home theatre set up.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Working...
                              X