How to make a bootable DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make a bootable DVD?

I just installed a pretty nifty custom OS recently, and I downloaded it, extracted it, and burned it onto a DVD. When I tried to boot the system from the DVD though, it didn't do anything. Does anyone here know how to make a bootable DVD? I'm assuming that's the problem.
    -Adam Schmidt-

1988 Zinnoberrot 325iS ::dead::
    1988 Bronzit 325iS ::sold::
    1991 Alpine 318iS

why did u burn it onto a DVD? when i installed Ubuntu i just burned it to a CD.
    sigpic

Comment

Easiest way for you to do it is to go to download.com and find a specific software for it. You can use most burning software to make bootable dvd's in a wizard. Its a specific path you take.

When you turn your computer on, look for the manufacturer splash screen. It will give you a boot list option. For instance on a Dell, you press F12 for boot list. Then you can select CDROM. But more than likely you'll need to redo the DVD and burn it as an ISO bootable.

Edit: Also, ensure the file you downloaded is a .iso file

Comment

Originally posted by Car Addict View Post
        why did u burn it onto a DVD? when i installed Ubuntu i just burned it to a CD.
        Because the .iso file was 2.8GB

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
        Easiest way for you to do it is to go to download.com and find a specific software for it. You can use most burning software to make bootable dvd's in a wizard. Its a specific path you take.

When you turn your computer on, look for the manufacturer splash screen. It will give you a boot list option. For instance on a Dell, you press F12 for boot list. Then you can select CDROM. But more than likely you'll need to redo the DVD and burn it as an ISO bootable.

Edit: Also, ensure the file you downloaded is a .iso file
        Alright thanks. I'm just going to do it through Nero. I was tired last and wasn't thinking. I thought the .iso was a .rar.
        -Adam Schmidt-

1988 Zinnoberrot 325iS ::dead::
        1988 Bronzit 325iS ::sold::
        1991 Alpine 318iS

Comment

Working...
        X