Wii questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii questions

What are the Wii consoles going for in your area? Have you seen many in stock (if you notice things like that?). My daughter has been dropping Santa Claus hints. I've found a bundled package online with 2 remotes, yada yada yada for $630

I'm not at all familiar with these video games. Is that a decent price?

TIA,

kr

Just consoles go for 249.99 MSRP. They have bundle packes and you have to factor in price of the Wiimote and games (around 50 bucks each) to know if you save much.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
    No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

DUDE, thats way to much. the system itself is only 250 new.

Comment

Originally posted by Zya8187 View Post
        DUDE, thats way to much. the system itself is only 250 new.
        if you can even find it. still hard to get in my area.
        NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

my friend who works at pawn shop took one in with 2 controllers, the system, and a game for $80. He plans to flip it for $300ish.

Comment

Dont buy them online. The chance of it being a scam is really high and they inflate the price SO much. It would be easier/safer to camp out at a best buy or something the night before their shipments.

Comment

Tell your daughter she is just going to have to wait until after Christmas.
              sigpic

Comment

If you are patient, persistent and lucky, you should be able to find one for MSRP.

My brother has bought 2 systems from Amazon.com in the last month- one for him and one for his nephews. Problem is, they are still being released in small trickles. If Amazon gets them on their site for MSRP, they typically sell out in 10-30 minutes, so you have to be watching. You can try some of the Wii tracking sites (wiialerts.com or wiitracker.com are 2 I know of), but by the time you get the email alert + get to your computer, it's usually too late. They do have cellphone alerts, but I couldn't get mine to work (Alltel).

I found one locally at a Gamestop store for $249+ tax. You might want to call or stop by one of your local stores and just ask them what the prospects look like for finding one. Thye local guy told me they get deliveries 1-2x per week via UPS, usually around 12noon, and they usually sell out within 30 minutes. He told me that I could call, and they would hold one for me if they weren't all snatched up right away. Thats' how I got mine.

Might want to try craigslist, if it's active in your local area- seem to be alot of them here for ~$325-350 for new, basic systems. Some of the bundles are pretty good value, IF you can find them, and IF the games included look like something your daughter would use. FWIW, you can open the box and be playing in 10-15 minutes with just the base system. All base systems include Wii Sports (Baseball, Bowling, Boxing, Golf, Tennis), with 1 controller. If you want to play any 2 or more player games, you'll need an extra "Wiimote" controller ($40 each) and Nunchuck ($20 each) for each additional player (nunchuck not required for all games so it's a bit more optional).

Bret

Comment

are there any games you dont have to get all active for? do they sell just normal controllers and normal games?

Comment

Im pretty sure they are in stock just about all the stores around here. So i sure as hell wouldnt pay over the msrp.

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
                      Im pretty sure they are in stock just about all the stores around here. So i sure as hell wouldnt pay over the msrp.
                      Check. You might be surprised at what you (don't) find............

;)

Comment

Originally posted by mudflaps View Post
                        are there any games you dont have to get all active for? do they sell just normal controllers and normal games?
                        Yeah, they have these:

"Broke-ass Baggy pants bong-a-thon"

"Virtua Toilet"

"Monkeyspank Mania" (I think you'll really enjoy this one)

Comment

Originally posted by Rigmaster View Post
                          Yeah, they have these:

I think jonnys household has this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigmaster View Post
                            Yeah, they have these:

"Virtua Toilet"

"Monkeyspank Mania" (I think you'll really enjoy this one)
                            thanks.

Comment

Thanks fellas.

Comment

Working...
                              X