Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think you'll like my new snowboard gear..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you'll like my new snowboard gear..

Not sure how many of you have a sense of humor about things like this, but I think it's awesome.

I've been waiting 3 years to do this. I wanted to do it 3 years ago, and never go to it. Bought this last year, and never went snowboarding, SO pissed(first time I didn't go in 16 years), then I finally have it for this year and I got my trip planned! So ready..and SO stoked.

I can't wait to see people's reactions. I can't wait to blow by people at 90MPH down the slopes..and then possibly slide on my belly to represent the penguin-ness. Also, I FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY AWESOME CAPE. Yes, I made a cape, that will be wailing in the wind behind me as I plow down the mountain at excessive speeds.

I also plan on entering in a BoarderCross Competition on the weekend I go, and will still wear this and put my Comp# Vest over this. Btw, I still have a little more to add to the front. The back is two shirts that I cut in half, sewed together so it's like a huge XXXL shirt in the back..just enough to wave around and not get in my way.

Also, I bought myself a new backpack for this coming semester. I think you guys will like this:

Enjoy. Thought this might get a rise out of a few of you, and I'm hoping to avoid everyone who hates anything that isn't normal and a 600$ volcom jacket.

-Dan
    The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

Hilarious.
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

you have to get some reaction pics!

Comment

Nice, I ride in a genuine Rusky hat with real fur and everything (the one with the flaps on the ears). Pair that up with a nice pair of goggles and peeps don't know how to act.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Wait I don't get the costume. Please explain... what does a penguin have to do with snowboarding???
          Yours truly,
          Rich
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Rigmaster
          you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Dan, that is so far beyond awesome that I just do not have words to describe it.

You NEED quality vid of you in action on the slopes and afterward, getting reactions.

I assume you have ridden for so long are badass on a board...that makes the getup even cooler.

Aside from R3V, how many people are "in" on this?

Oh yeah...VID or BANZ!

Amazing, fucking amazing.

Luke

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

oh yeah. nice back pack too. how much did that run you?

Comment

That is so fuckin boss
                Perot isn't a Hillary hater, but he's not a fan either, relating the bumper sticker he received that reads: "Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President."

Comment

Very nice. My friend paid like $250 for a full gorilla suit and has worn it a couple times out here at Alpental. Pretty damn funny if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                    Dan, that is so far beyond awesome that I just do not have words to describe it.

You NEED quality vid of you in action on the slopes and afterward, getting reactions.

I assume you have ridden for so long are badass on a board...that makes the getup even cooler.

Aside from R3V, how many people are "in" on this?

Oh yeah...VID or BANZ!

Amazing, fucking amazing.

Luke

I can assure you my experience in riding is quite adequate. Like I said, I will be most likely entering in a boardercross race while I'm up there: basically a speed race the length of two runs with huge banked turns and long open jumps, it'll we be glorious.

I've got my dad bringing a video camera, so I'll DO WORK. I seriously cannot wait to fly down the mountain with my cape and a huge FREE HUGS written on the front, snow bunnies(hot women) here I come!

Wait I don't get the costume. Please explain... what does a penguin have to do with snowboarding???
                    It has nothing to do with snowboarding other than it's cold outside. But another amazing thing about it...is I can snowboard fast, then go down on my belly...just like a penguin...YES.

The backpack was 65$ from Turner Motorsport.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiff325iS View Post
                      I can assure you my experience in riding is quite adequate.
                      I bet your idea of "adequate" is my idea of "badass"...I have never skied or boarded. It is one of my longterm goals, but I am 44 now, it is likely to never happen.

Being a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles has its drawbacks.

Oh yeah, nice backpack, too.

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Nice suit! I'm looking for one before they get mainstream. They're spendy! Did you make yours?

Oh, and the awkward rides up the lifts with strangers will be priceless.

Comment

Needs a tummy-tuck go-fast mod.
                          tasty

Comment

Originally posted by BENdashdash View Post
                            Nice suit! I'm looking for one before they get mainstream. They're spendy! Did you make yours?

Oh, and the awkward rides up the lifts with strangers will be priceless.
                            +1 I am also looking forward to the chair-lift rides. I bought mine last year as a halloween costume in hopes of snowboarding that year, but it didn't happen(so angry). I got it for 70$ at this costume store online, apperantely they are decently hard to get now, so I'm stoked.

I made the cape, but not the costume, and I did write FREE HUGS on the front, and I will be adding more later to make sure it's easy to understand and read.

Comment

awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X