Just got into Art Center!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got into Art Center!!

Got my AA in Film Production this December, applied to Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA....

............Just got a call from my dad saying I got an acceptance letter!!!!!!!!!!!

SO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw Art Center is one of the top 5 film schools in the U.S., with huge resources in all of their design departments. It's going to be an intense experience working with people who are really into what they do, instead of just taking classes for GE.

So once again, I"M STOKED!!!!!! Sorry just had to let it all out...And just got the #1 I want on my I WANT List Thread!

-Dan

It looks like one a huge glass building over a canyon:

The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

Congrats!

1. Get into art school----check
    2. Take over the world----in progress
    www.ryanwhopkins.com

Comment

NICE!!! Well done man. Keep it up. I'm jealous.

Comment

Watch the movie art school confidential. Good flick.
        tasty

Comment

Congrats.

In all honesty, 5 years ago I would have been impressed. These days it seems like Art Center is really relaxing entrance requirements and watering down their programs. When I visited the school and looked into applying back in 2002, it was much more prestigious.

:-\

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
            Watch the movie art school confidential. Good flick.
            eh. i thought it sucked.

congrats on school man! - that is a sick building no doubt, art schools no matter where it is it's all about you pushing yourself, some stuff can't be taught by anyone other than yourself
            ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

Congrats man! I'm toying with the idea of attending Art Center after I finish up my BA, what was the application process like?

Comment

Congratulations, sound slike a fun school!

Comment

Congrats man, My friend went to the Art Institute in LA and now he works for Activision. You can really get a cool job after you finish. So when you gonna P-Shop me a new Sig? Since you got Art in your blood.

Comment

Congrats man, that looks like a great place to be. Now get yourself through already, so you can own the M coupe and the e30... and take over the world too. Haha.
                    If life passes you by... Downshift.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
                      Congrats.

In all honesty, 5 years ago I would have been impressed. These days it seems like Art Center is really relaxing entrance requirements and watering down their programs. When I visited the school and looked into applying back in 2002, it was much more prestigious.

I know what you mean, but if you check out their current Student Gallery, it's extremely intimidating, and inspiring. I do think they a lot of Art/Design schools in general have been a bit more relaxed, but that changes after the first time...because I was told a lot will drop out(not me!).

I've toured their student gallery two different times, each with new/improved work, and it is simply stunning.

The assistant Director of Admissions did my portfolio review, and told me "I don't really have anything to critique on your videos, you explained them well, and they cover every genre that I wanted. Most people have a few videos and they are all budget videos and all seem repetitious in genre and feeling, and yours were all completely different and unique". That may not have been word for word, but it was impact-full enough to me that I remembered it really well. My friend who does Graphic Design there said they don't usually just say that, so I'm hoping I'm not a 'Relaxed-Entree-Student'. ;)

-Dan

Thanks again for the comps guys!
                      The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

Comment

Congrats man. I want to get into film as well. I am going to get into communications in my school and go from there.
                        Originally posted by cabriodster87
                        "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
                        Originally posted by Kershaw
                        i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by speedhop View Post
                          Congrats!

1. Get into art school----check
                          2. Take over the world----in progress
                          3. ????
                          4. Profit!

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                          RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
                            Congrats.

Okay Mr. I-don't-need-a-degree-to-be-a-photographer-fluffer.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                            RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Congrats! I took a couple of photography classes there over the summer about 15 years ago. Very cool place and the teachers I had were not only very knowledgable, but excellent instructors as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X