• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Question????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let me get this straight..
    does it cost to be a member of ebay?
    -or just to put things up for sale?
    i have a "monthly invoice that just got sent to my email saying they will take $42.55 from my bank account using Direct Pay. Can someone clarify this? I figure if I send an email to ebay I will get automated response after automated response.
    thanks

You only get billed when you put things up for sale. Sounds like a phishing scam to me.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
    MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
    | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Either that or you signed up as a store. eBay stores have to pay a monthly.

Comment

definitely sounds like a scam. don't click on the links in the email because it will try to get you to enter your account information. i have been selling on ebay for a while and get about 5 different scam emails a day.

Comment

the links take me straight to ebay...i haven't put in any info yet. i guess i should just watch my bank account then?

Comment

I would not give out any information. There have been scams on ebay for a while and this sounds like one of them. I would ignore the emails and contact ebay to see what they have to say about it. And I will agree too, you only pay if you sell or post something for sale on ebay.
            Originally posted by cabriodster87
            "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
            Originally posted by Kershaw
            i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by threlevenguy View Post
              the links take me straight to ebay...i haven't put in any info yet. i guess i should just watch my bank account then?
              the site it takes you to is a fake phishing site designed to look exactly like ebay. if it is a true message from ebay it will show up on your My eBay message menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean5294 View Post
                the site it takes you to is a fake phishing site designed to look exactly like ebay. if it is a true message from ebay it will show up on your My eBay message menu.
                +1

Never, EVER follow a link to any site where you will enter any sort of log in info. Go there on your own. Trust me-if you owe eBay money, it's the first thing you'll see after logging in.

Comment

Have you sold anything on ebay?

Comment

Was the email sent to your personal email or your EBAY message center. If it came to your personal email. It is most likey a phishing scam. When you get these type of messages and you click on a link in it, it opens up pandora's box, where the rip off artist goes to work on getting your passwords to your paypal/ebay/whatever else accounts they can.

If it was something that came into your EBAY message center it is most likely legit...

Phising scams look like legit emails and you will never see them in your EBAY message center. NEVER EVER OPEN A LINK IN ONE OR YOUR SCREWED !!

EBAY stores cost monthly fees and they only charge you for selling and listing items. If you only use EBAY to purchase you will have NO fees at all.

Both EBAY and Paypal have links where you can forward any phising scam you have received and they will chase after them and try to shut it down... Just search in both EBAY and Paypal for the links, they are fairly easy to find.

Comment

- No , I am not signed up as an eBay store
                      - Yes, it showed up in MyEbay
                      - I tried to sell something like a month ago, but i paid for that when I listed it, so why am I being charged again?

Comment

Working...
                      X