No announcement yet.

Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never saw this thread before....so friday I get my first assignment (I will be getting navigator wings in February), and it's down to these three:
    1. C-130 to yokota AB, Japan
    2. EC-130 to Davis Monthan AFB, AZ
    3. RC-135 to Offit AFB, NE

Does anyone have any experience with any of those assignments?
    sigpic

Comment

TopGear goes for a ride in the U2.

I was stationed in Misawa, needless to say C130's run the Pacaf deliveries from Yokota hub to rest of the spokes.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

^ very cool vid. I've been to Beale and ridden in the chase cars, but didn't go in the jet. Just being in the chase car was a cool experience. I have videos of it somewhere I'll have to look for them.

M-technik, I went to misawa in the summer of 2006 for three weeks, it was great! Are you an f-16 driver?

edit: here's the video, real similar to the beginning of that top gear:

Last edited by bimmerboy08; 12-17-2009, 04:33 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Well I'm headed to Offutt AFB in NE to fly as a navigator on the RC-135. Not my first choice but I'm still excited about it!
          sigpic

Comment

beautiful. Brasilian manufactured Embraer 190.

Comment

Never was a big fan of commercial airliners as beauty objects.

I have always been partial to the Cirrus myself.
              1987 BMW 325is | Frankenmotor S50 | Supersprint Replica Headers | K&N Intake | Gutted Stock Midpipe | Zimmermann Rotors | Stainless Brake Lines | Porterfield Racing Pads

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerboy08 View Post
                M-technik, I went to misawa in the summer of 2006 for three weeks, it was great! Are you an f-16 driver?
                I was CLSS when I was at Misawa. I was a ground guy. Been a Loadmaster since 96.

https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

MSP Field Maintenance staying on top of the Christmas 09 blizzard.

United flight about to get de-iced at the gate.

Originally posted by Simon S
                  When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerboy08 View Post
                    Well I'm headed to Offutt AFB in NE to fly as a navigator on the RC-135. Not my first choice but I'm still excited about it!
                    Congrats. The RC-135 has a great mission. We used to get the RC "Snoop" aircraft when I was working on Electronic Combat radars in the USAF. They're filled with surveillance gear to collect ELINT (ELectronic INTelligence) on the Soviet threat radar systems. Those guys would run orbits at the outer range of our threat simulator radar, (~150 Kyds) and call out radar signals for us to transit for them to analyze. They would take our spectrums, compare them to the Soviet actual RF spectrums, and notify our software depot if our database needed to be changed to reflect current Soviet radar configuration. The Snoop (call sign) crews always sounded really relaxed compared to the bomber and refueler guys. We always said those guys are flying around with Hawaiian shirts on, sipping cocktails as they fly. BTW, my first AF radar simulated the Soviet "Fire Can" AAA guidance radar. The Cold War was soooooo much fun.

Good Luck!!
                    "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death."
                    -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Sorry for the crappy pic but this is from one of my monitors at work. Delta had a pilot retire last weekend and the fire department went out to give him a water gun salute for his last flight. This was right as they were pulling in to the gate.

Originally posted by Simon S
                        When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                          I was CLSS when I was at Misawa. I was a ground guy. Been a Loadmaster since 96.

OORAH!
                          Thanks for the ride!
                          Slicktop City!

Comment

im leaving on monday for the air force, ill be a crew chief for an F-15. Almost was gunna be a maintainer for a AC 130 but i think this will be better.

Comment

did anyone watch this - was it good?

Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

^^ heard about it, heard it was really good. Never seen it firsthand though.
                                sigpic89 M3

Comment

Working...
                                X