No announcement yet.

Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapped a pic of the RJ before flying today, and then a picture while we were in an orbit over Idaho.

sigpic

Comment

got a pic of the constant pheonix?
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Idaho is a beautiful state.
        Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
          got a pic of the constant pheonix?
          No, but I will keep a look out for them. I haven't been able to figure out if the Open Skies and Constant Phoenix are the same planes, I think they might be. I'm not even qualified to be a nav on those because they have different engines, but it sounds like they do a pretty neat mission.
          sigpic

Comment

different missions, but both deal with treaty monitoring. I'd assume one of them is pretty busy right now.

How do you like offutt?

Comment

Offutt is good to me, I like Omaha alot and being a nav on the RJ is a pretty sweet job. Have you been here before?
              sigpic

Comment

nope, but I might ride in the back of a constant Phoenix someday.

I liked looking at the RJ's when I was at the died... funny looking plane, but cool looking at the same time.

Edit: what kind of car stuff is there to do around offutt?

Comment

I'll be going to the Deid this fall, looking forward to it. There's mid-america motorplex about 25 mins away in Iowa, and the local SCCA does auto-x and rally-x. Since Omaha is a pretty major city out here in the midwest it works out as a hub for people in the country to meet up to do car stuff. There isn't as much of a "scene" as when I lived in TX or MD, or even CO, but there's definitely things to do for a car guy. Also, Offutt has the biggest auto hobby shop in the AF.

One thing that sucks is the potholes. Winter does a number on the roads here.
                  sigpic

Comment

For anyone nearby Langley AFB in Virginia, come to the air-show this weekend and come say hi. I'm on the crew taking the "Rivet Joint" there.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
                      Idaho is a beautiful state.
                      just keep it under your hat. ;)

Comment

US pilots avoid jail in fatal Brazil air collision case

BRASILIA — A Brazilian court has convicted two American pilots for their role in a 2006 midair crash with a Brazilian airliner that killed 154 people, but commuted their jail terms, angering …

NTSB Report / Summary (Findings e Probable Cause na pagina 3 e 4)

While I trust the NTSB's findings I cannot help but taste some bias in the manner in which it's presented.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerboy08 View Post
                          Snapped a pic of the RJ before flying today, and then a picture while we were in an orbit over Idaho.

I was in Qatar Feb 2010, flew a refueling missions and some where for RC135. I am retiring in a few days and will return to the airlines hopefully, I'm doing my requals now to make myself marketable again. Flew for a few carriers, JetBlue was last one in 2003 before I went full active duty. Cant wait to get back in the saddle.

see if this works, some pics of me in the KC and a fueling run, and along with pics of the B1's there
                          Last edited by pilotskillse30; 05-18-2011, 11:07 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I wasn't able to open up the picture you linked, any way to post it up here?

How did you like Qatar? I'm headed there in a few weeks for the first time. GL with returning to the airlines!
                            sigpic

Comment

here you go
                              flight deck kc135

one of your guys ready for a fill up

at the boom

in the B1 flight deck

It was great, nice pool, good food, great MWR, the BRA was a great place to hang out.
                              Enjoy. and thanks for the GL, im going to need it, but maybe my 8,923hr logged will give me the upper hand;)
                              Last edited by pilotskillse30; 05-18-2011, 03:59 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Nice pictures, thanks for posting!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X