No announcement yet.

Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy I can't recall - Anyone here a little more familiar w/ MB?

Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

One very very rare picture here. Yes, its real. SR-71 955 (the original Palmdale test plane) flying with a highly modified P-51 called Jeannie. Sadly only one of these planes is left, 955 can be found at Edwards AFB at the Flight test research museum and the other was the P51 that crashed at Reno a few years ago. By the way, this picture never happened. ;)

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Comment

Poor Sabres, F15/16s, and Phantoms, all left to rot.

Forgot we had this thread, I know its not technically an authentic Sim but does anyone play war thunder? I like how it lets me enjoy some of my favorite planes, mainly the BF/ME-109 Variants like The F-4 and G-2/6.

Correct me if I name things wrong, im not a stickler for the exact models, just enjoy the different WW2-Cold war Era birds.

Screenshots of some of my favorite germans, have yet to really branch out in other trees, i dislike games that require you to play a lot to unlock a lot.

shot 2014.04.18 12.49.09 by Wschnitz, on Flickr

shot 2014.04.18 12.51.41 by Wschnitz, on Flickr

Yes, you are seeing a 76mm cannon on that plane.
          Last edited by Wschnitz; 04-18-2014, 01:03 PM.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

So, I live in Burlington VT and we hear all sorts of planes leaving Burlington Airport. I believe the Green Mountain Boys are also stationed there and we hear them taking off and flying over the city quite often in their F16s. A few times a week we'll hear them, and it's usually two or four of them, and they almost always fly out over the city, to the west, out over Lake Champlain. Two weeks ago, on a Friday, within 15 minutes I heard the rumble of their takeoff (sometimes one plane, sometimes two?) six times, all going out to the South. Was wondering what the heck that was all about. We were joking that we could be at war and not even know it, and we also thought maybe they were getting the old F16s out of there to make room for F35s? Or maybe they just took a bunch out for a flight? Anyone have any ideas?
            1987 325is Black/Black
            -Stock (mostly)

Comment

War Thunder is fun but I can't seem to earn points in single player missions and multiplayer tends to do a shitty job matching up skill/plane levels.
              1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                Poor Sabres, F15/16s, and Phantoms, all left to rot.

Forgot we had this thread, I know its not technically an authentic Sim but does anyone play war thunder? I like how it lets me enjoy some of my favorite planes, mainly the BF/ME-109 Variants like The F-4 and G-2/6.

Correct me if I name things wrong, im not a stickler for the exact models, just enjoy the different WW2-Cold war Era birds.

Yes, you are seeing a 76mm cannon on that plane.
                I've been playing since early Beta, ya Arcade Nub..... Comon now, we need more Sim Battle players.
                Anywho, I actually just started flying again after playing in their Ground Forces Closed Beta (which is incredible), but I haven't really been flying any Multiplayer since this past Patch. I seem to have gotten back into the groove with my joystick though so I'll be playing some Realistic Battles for awhile if anyone would like to join me.

Oh, and speaking of big boomsticks, it looks like we're getting the PBJ-1H according to Gaijin. That's a Naval B-25 with 14 50-cals and a 75mm cannon. Here's the link: http://devblog.warthunder.com/2014/0...rogress/?hl=en
                75' M42 Powered 2002
                AW 318is

Comment

Originally posted by MX339 View Post
                  I've been playing since early Beta, ya Arcade Nub..... Comon now, we need more Sim Battle players.
                  Anywho, I actually just started flying again after playing in their Ground Forces Closed Beta (which is incredible), but I haven't really been flying any Multiplayer since this past Patch. I seem to have gotten back into the groove with my joystick though so I'll be playing some Realistic Battles for awhile if anyone would like to join me.

Oh, and speaking of big boomsticks, it looks like we're getting the PBJ-1H according to Gaijin. That's a Naval B-25 with 14 50-cals and a 75mm cannon. Here's the link: http://devblog.warthunder.com/2014/0...rogress/?hl=en
                  I have a keyboard you joystick nerd, Plan on picking one up eventually, probably just a $30 logitech for now, something nicer later. I can play realistic battles but sim is impossible with anything thats not a joystick.

I enjoy boomstick planes, im just annoyed arcade and realistic modes are modeled so bad, ive gotten taken down in my Hs129-B3 by reserve planes, FUCKING RESERVE PLANES, in a plane that literally has armor....
                  willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyduktape View Post
                    So, I live in Burlington VT and we hear all sorts of planes leaving Burlington Airport. I believe the Green Mountain Boys are also stationed there and we hear them taking off and flying over the city quite often in their F16s. A few times a week we'll hear them, and it's usually two or four of them, and they almost always fly out over the city, to the west, out over Lake Champlain. Two weeks ago, on a Friday, within 15 minutes I heard the rumble of their takeoff (sometimes one plane, sometimes two?) six times, all going out to the South. Was wondering what the heck that was all about. We were joking that we could be at war and not even know it, and we also thought maybe they were getting the old F16s out of there to make room for F35s? Or maybe they just took a bunch out for a flight? Anyone have any ideas?
                    Burlington and Westfield are a NEAD's unit North East Air Defense, They were participating in exercise.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Hmmm. So tempted to buy a flight Sim game and a yoke. What's a cheap set up? My PC is built for CAD/video. quad core i7, 32 gigs, SSD, 750 video card. What is a good FS game out there? I like total realism on the performance - Airtraffic would be a plus. I use to play an air traffic simulator game - and loved it.

ATCsimulator2-HD The Premier Air Traffic Control simulator for the PC. Modeled after real-world equipment and used at numerous universities the world over. Do you have the right stuff? to be an air traffic controller?
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                        Hmmm. So tempted to buy a flight Sim game and a yoke. What's a cheap set up? My PC is built for CAD/video. quad core i7, 32 gigs, SSD, 750 video card. What is a good FS game out there? I like total realism on the performance - Airtraffic would be a plus. I use to play an air traffic simulator game - and loved it.

http://www.atcsimulator.com/info.htm
                        How old is your PC? That should run most sims easy, but if you want some photo realism you'll probably want to pop a better gpu in there. Youtube is your friend for finding the flight sim that you like, tons of lets plays, reviews, everything.
                        willschnitz

Comment

Buddy of mine has a bad ass Sim pit.
                          Flight Simulator. FSX Acceleration, Vox-Atc, dual displays, dual controls, matrox duel head 2 go, nvidea 9600gt, dual core 3Ghz pc.
                          Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-19-2014, 07:12 PM.
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

not that exciting a video but this is what I do when Im not wrenching on the Bav or working. This is a fairly quick flight, first 5 minutes or so is tow to 2k AGL and there is damn near zero lift out

Last edited by Nate325ic; 04-20-2014, 08:05 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                              How old is your PC? That should run most sims easy, but if you want some photo realism you'll probably want to pop a better gpu in there. Youtube is your friend for finding the flight sim that you like, tons of lets plays, reviews, everything.
                              if its not a reference 750, you can get solid performance out of it through overclock. 750ti's play current gen games solidly at 1080p high settings. I doubt theres a flight sim that would need anything more.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                              DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                                if its not a reference 750, you can get solid performance out of it through overclock. 750ti's play current gen games solidly at 1080p high settings. I doubt theres a flight sim that would need anything more.
                                Depends on the game man, some sims have nasty poor optimization and run like shit, but yes if thats a current gen 750/750ti non reference ive heard some amazing things out of those little maxwell cards.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X