Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    I would not go to embry riddle. Do A LOT OF RESEARCH before dumping serious cash on that school!

Good stuff Will, I searched around a bit and learned that at the altitude they flew at, it was usually warmer and contrails were less likely to happen. Your stories are better than the googling though! Oh yeah, I've seen plenty of bones taking off/landing in qatar... those suckers are LOUD.
    The stories aren't mine, I've just read all the books. That said, I have all the books as well. If you want a good read, "Lockheed Blackbird Beyond the Secret Missions" fully revised edition by Paul F Crickmore is worth the $. Its the most comprehensive book of them all. All 390 pages of it.

Its a little pricey from Amazon now, but I bet it can be found for less with a little searching. I don't think I payed more than $25 for my copy new.

The book is a combination of all his other books rolled into one.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
      I would not go to embry riddle. Do A LOT OF RESEARCH before dumping serious cash on that school!
      I would've said that a couple of years ago, but with a 4 year aviation degree and going to a part 141 school will get you a Restricted ATP at 1000 hours. Part 61 training and a normal college degree will let you qualify for an ATP at 1500. You could network better in part 61 training and land a near impossible gig somewhere but most likely will get a CFI and teach. If you're working towards an ATP, Part 141 MAY get you to a regional job quicker by 6 months to a year or at least 500 less hours. Something to consider. You'll pay much more for your training however. That being said, I started down the part 61 before the change and am working towards 1500 hours.

Note: This isn't for one particular school, just part 141 flight schools in general. I have no experience with Embry Riddle or any other big name flight school.

Comment

FIFI

P-51

B-17
        Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Engine start at a 4min. Listen to the Buick V8s scream to spool the J58s up.

Will
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Super stoked my stepdad just pulled the trigger on a 180. He has been looking for forever (super pickey) CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IT!!
            sigpic

Comment

Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by red baron View Post
                Super stoked my stepdad just pulled the trigger on a 180. He has been looking for forever (super pickey) CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IT!!
                180s are nice. I've always been a fan of straight tailed Cessnas (early 172s, 175s, 180s, early 182s, and 185s.) Any pics?

Will
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Never posted these from my flight on the B-17
                  B-17 Over San Francisco Bay by Eric Berger, on Flickr
                  1945 B-17G taxiing in by Eric Berger, on Flickr
                  B-17 Landing by Eric Berger, on Flickr
                  B-24 Turbocharger by Eric Berger, on Flickr
                  P-51d taxiing in after a flight by Eric Berger, on Flickr
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by cbouchez View Post
                    What was this guy doing, I saw him flying around Tacoma last Thursday 7/24.

Comment

Routine training aka proficiency training or aka a local flight.
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by socalife View Post
                        Are their any airline pilots on here? If so what degrees did you guys get? Should I not go to embry riddle!
                        I'm an airline pilot, and I did go to Embry-Riddle and got an Aeronautical Science degree. I enjoyed it, didn't spend as much money as most people think, and I have had good results. It worked for me.

I'm going to need a lot more information from you before I make a recommendation, though. Feel free to PM me.

All of those pictures of FIFI are awesome. I was taxiing out in Boise a few weeks back and heard ground tell the "superfortress" to follow us. When we made our turn to cross the closed runway she appeared on my side of the airplane. I was so close to asking if we could taxi clear and let them go first...

Comment

I wish I lived in England so I could see one of these fly again. This is the last year that a Vulcan bomber will fly.

Will
                          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Not my pic, but it was so awesome I had to share.

Long live the radial engine fire bomber.

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Neptune huh.
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                                Neptune huh.
                                Hearing a Neptune overhead is really pretty cool. I saw one a month ago when there was a fire just north of here. The tanker (might have been this one) arrived as the sun was setting. Out of the smoke this sound of a pair of R3350s was heard and shortly there after it appeared. It was a marvelous sound and sight.

Will
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X