No announcement yet.

Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. Star Wars Canyon looks like a good place to shoot. I could have a field day with a 500mm lens.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

If this is any indication of a good place, the areas I have flown the lowest and closest to public highways (legally) have been R2508 (where "star wars", owens, saline, panamint, etc are) and the FRTC/Fallon Range Training Complex. Both have multiple public roads throughout, and both have a 200' min altitude nearly throughout (not just on published low level routes within their confines), save a few noise sensitive areas, and in the case of the China Lake range, the eastern portion near death valley (3k feet and above only there). R2301W is similar, near Yuma, but there aren't really as many roads, though illegal immigrants don't seem to notice.
      e92 M3
      e30 M3 s52 swap
      w203 C240 wagon (DD)
      190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

Comment

Get ready for some sphincter tightening

Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

this why they land at full power
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            this why they land at full power
            True story.... but my gut fell a bit, because it seemed for a second they weren't coming back up.
            Estoguy
            1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
              Yeah. Star Wars Canyon looks like a good place to shoot. I could have a field day with a 500mm lens.

Will

Awesome! Thanks for posting that!
              Estoguy
              1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                Get ready for some sphincter tightening
                Holy balls O_O
                1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Was that the navy's recent cable snap?
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

This is a worthwhile watch. Speed and Angels, https://www.amazon.com/Speed-Angels-...eed+and+angels the story of the last two F14 combat pilots. Jay is now looking at doing his first Unlimited Air race this fall flying a highly modified Yak 11 by the name of Czech Mate. Word is, its trickier to fly than an F14 by a good amount.

Will
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Jay (or "MJ" to me) was an instructor of mine while I was going through initial Hornet training at Miramar. Great dude, haven't seen him since, though I suppose this is why.
                        Last edited by FLYNAVY; 07-11-2016, 07:45 PM.
                        e92 M3
                        e30 M3 s52 swap
                        w203 C240 wagon (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by FLYNAVY View Post
                          Jay (or "MJ" to me) was an instructor of mine while I was going through initial Hornet training at Miramar. Great dude, haven't seen him since, though I suppose this is why.
                          You should try and make it out to Reno this year. He was supposed to be flying the P51 called Strega, but something happened to Strega. (None of the public know what exactly happened with Strega) Somehow he talked the owner into bringing Czech Mate back (that took some effort, as of April, the former pilot of CM said the odds of CM racing at reno were lower than it ending up on a pole as a gate guard at the owner's house. ) A few people wonder if he managed to show up with a big wad of $$$$$ and made a down payment on it. (Czech Mate has been for sale for years. Was the cheapest fast unlimited $ could buy.)

Here is a little more about Jay and his chance to race unlimiteds. https://fightersweep.com/5558/navy-f...eno-air-races/

Will
                          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                            You should try and make it out to Reno this year. He was supposed to be flying the P51 called Strega, but something happened to Strega. (None of the public know what exactly happened with Strega) Somehow he talked the owner into bringing Czech Mate back (that took some effort, as of April, the former pilot of CM said the odds of CM racing at reno were lower than it ending up on a pole as a gate guard at the owner's house. ) A few people wonder if he managed to show up with a big wad of $$$$$ and made a down payment on it. (Czech Mate has been for sale for years. Was the cheapest fast unlimited $ could buy.)

Here is a little more about Jay and his chance to race unlimiteds. https://fightersweep.com/5558/navy-f...eno-air-races/

Will
                            Hoping I can make it this year. I live an hour away, but didn't make it last year due to my work schedule. This will probably be my last summer living here, so I'd really like to make it one way or another.
                            e92 M3
                            e30 M3 s52 swap
                            w203 C240 wagon (DD)

Comment

I found this guys photobucket looking for something else, but these B-17 pictures intrigued me, anybody know the story on this wreck?

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                                I found this guys photobucket looking for something else, but these B-17 pictures intrigued me, anybody know the story on this wreck?

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/winc...?sort=3&page=1
                                The sad story of Liberty Belle. They had an in flight engine fire that got out of control. They had passengers aboard, got the plane down on a farmer's field, the fire department was called, but it had been raining and the field was too wet to get the trucks out to it. It burned on site. You can find the NTSB report here. http://www.warbirdinformationexchang...+Belle#p527811
                                And

The good news is that they are rebuilding Liberty Belle.

Here are a few pics before Liberty Belle was restored...

As you can see, there wasn't much to start with, so they are starting over with just about the same amount of useable aircraft.

Will
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X