No announcement yet.

Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The method I use works great, it just happens to be the old school way. The autofocus works fine, the auto tracking of the target doesn't seem to work. I've had issues with that on every digital camera I've ever used. As long as I have the target painted with the focusing sensor, it will track and refocus till I take the shot. I just have to track the target well. I've shot a couple Cannons and had the same issue with those. Some people like it, some don't. I happen to be one of those who don't.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Do you guys think this galvanized steel rusting is turning my fuel yellow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      sigpic

Comment

Ummm Ok. Looks you have a drag up tank set up there, and normally holds diesel fuel and if you buying your fuel a the normal pump you are getting yellow died fuel you are paying road use taxes on it.

Since this is the airplane fread, me thinks you mean Gas, if you let it sit with out stabilization agents added in, for a long time. It will turn yellowish and varnish. Are you using non-ethanol av-gas, as I suppose if you have ethanol content in your fuel and its its sitting for a while will also possibly promote rusting of a non/compromised coated steel tank
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 09-06-2016, 10:46 AM.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

i am leaning toward sleeve's opinion. we need more information to give you a good opinion. i assume you guys keep fuel in this tank at your ranch?

what kind of fuel is it? is it avgas or auto gas? i am assuming you have an auto gas stc for your 180?

how long has it been sitting there?

more than likely, the off color you are talking about is not from those fittings you pictured. your gas only momentarily passes through them on the way into your wing tanks. if you have rust and its coloring your fuel, it is inside your holding tank.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Thanks guys. It is at the ranch and it is av gas.

It took about 6 weeks from the time we bought it until we pumped again at the ranch and it was yellow.

sigpic

Comment

Try getting some Stabil on there next time, sounds like its just getting old and oxidizing some
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Six weeks to have the fuel change to yellow if you are using 100LL seems extremely short. If the tank isn't contaminated and had some other fuel in it before I could see that causing issues or maybe water in the tank? Are you pushing just a cup of yellow gas out or gallons and gallons?
                Last edited by 318kid; 09-07-2016, 05:16 PM. Reason: Spellinng

Comment

I might be totally mistaken here, but I seem to remember the old school leaded gas varnishes a bit faster than many modern fuel blends, and I seem to recall my father telling me the higher octane stuff seemed to go about it faster. But this is all memoirs of childhood, so I could be 100% wrong and have it backwards for all I know. And who knows how old or how long that AV gas sat at the airport or fuel depot before shipment to the airport.

AV gas/100LL is going to be a relatively low demand product and only refined and shipped on a general cycle, and via pipeline in off peak times between more important shipments, so it could have easily been months old before it was even put in that transfer tank

William Pitt-

Comment

I think it's contaminated. 100LL is dyed blue and the shelf life is very long, years, not weeks. If there was some other fuel in the tank or moisture it would cause that yellowing, but I don't see the dye changing to yellow because it's old. True they make it periodically but even at 6+ months I've never seen AV gas turn yellow, in fact the only time I've seen it turn hard and varnish yellow is when I replaced the gascoloators on a 1955 Piper Apache, the previous owner had an auto-gas STC and he ran 87 in it for 20+ years... Generally 100LL evaporates and leaves powder in a carburetor. Unless it was a lot of other gas it's probably fine to run it.

Comment

oh thats right I forgot about the blue Die for 100LL, Last time I bought any was for Dads built 79 vette...... and Dad has been gone for 15 years, and sold the car 4 years prior to that, I think I was 16 then lol......

On that note I 100% agree on contamination, road diesel fuel maybe???

William Pitt-

Comment

Here’s a tip that will take you a long way in life: don’t hit a plane with a van. The plane will nearly always win.

Must have been texting.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

i can pretty much promise you that the plane ran into the van and not the other way around.

you can see that the rear left tire is missing. thats an indication the vehicle was pushed sideways for some distance and blew it off the rim. also, there is just too much damage on the van for it to be anything else. motor vehicle speed limits in the ramp areas around aircraft are 20mph or less. no way that much carnage from a collision that slow.

its one of those Chinese carriers. all of them have bad safety records. its a wide body airbus judging by the engine. i would guess an a330 or a340. the engine is on the left side of the plane. the captain wasn't paying attention.
                          Last edited by flyboyx; 09-09-2016, 07:13 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

You watch the video? The little cube drove right up and under it, while it was taxiing.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

sigpic

Comment

Article says it was an a330. That guy was driving like a 5 year old before he hit that jet.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X