X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concord Grape Jelly..

not so great on the inside...

Comment

one of only two replicas in the world of Santos Dumont's 14bis - first to fly!!! (we won't argue though)

Comment

random early age plane mounted small arms..

on an airship...

Comment

Comment

Zurich international..

Comment

Crazy, pattern after departure... We were sitting right where that Airbus A340 is, right next to the broken down/terrorism pratice plane is sitting just off the beginning of the runway.

Comment

not really aviation but...

Hindenburg flying over Rio de Janeiro.

Comment

"Glacier Girl" on its way back to the USA after 50 years of capture inside the icecap on Greenland! After recovery from the glacier it was transported by sea to Aalborg, Denmark, reloaded into the small coaster M/S "Lorelei" and sailed to Gothenborg in Sweden. There it was reloaded again into a big cargo ship bound for the USA. A very expensive and time consuming work began to restore it to flying condition and on October 28 2002 it was airborne again as NX17630!

Comment

Comment

I have a buddy that flew these for BA, he started flying them when they were first delivered and retired when they retired the aircraft. He shows up at the Reno Air Races every year and we hang out. It's kinda weird with him being a spectator and sitting next to him there. He probably has more hours supersonic than everybody else at the air races combined.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinepig View Post

I have a buddy that flew these for BA, he started flying them when they were first delivered and retired when they retired the aircraft. He shows up at the Reno Air Races every year and we hang out. It's kinda weird with him being a spectator and sitting next to him there. He probably has more hours supersonic than everybody else at the air races combined.
                        if I could only speak to this friend of yours... flying that plane was more than what words can describe. Only one fatal flight, but very fatal...

Comment

Nice pics maluco, makes me wanna dig up the pictures of me at the duetsches museum standing next to a BF109-G6 and a me262..

Comment

FAA suspends sleeping airline pilots

Back to Story - Help

FAA suspends sleeping airline pilots

By JAYMES SONG, Associated Press Writer 5 minutes ago

Two pilots for Hawaii's Go airlines who slept through their flight's landing procedure were suspended for the careless and reckless operation of an aircraft, the Federal Aviation Administration said Tuesday.
                            The pilots, who have been fired by Go, completed their suspensions on Sept. 9, FAA spokesman Ian Gregor said. He did not know whether they are flying again with a different carrier.
                            Captain Scott Oltman, 54, who was also cited for failing to maintain radio communications, had his license suspended for 60 days. First Officer Dillon Shepley, 24, was suspended for 45 days.
                            Gregor said no action was taken against Go because it did nothing wrong and provided the pilots with a 15-hour break before their shift, nearly double what the FAA requires.
                            The National Transportation Safety Board had determined the two pilots fell asleep on the Feb. 13 flight from Honolulu to Hilo.
                            Oltman was later diagnosed with a severe obstructive sleep apnea. It causes people to stop breathing repeatedly, preventing a restful night of sleep.
                            However, it was still unclear how both pilots fell asleep on the brief midmorning flight, which was carrying 40 passengers.
                            No problems were found after examining the aircraft's pressurization system and carbon monoxide levels.
                            The pilots failed to respond to nearly a dozen calls from air traffic controllers over a span of 17 minutes.
                            In recordings obtained by The Associated Press, the controller is heard repeatedly trying to contact the pilots and talks to the pilot of another Go flight in hopes of reaching Flight 1002.
                            "I'm worried he might be in an emergency situation," the controller says.
                            Finally, about 44 minutes into what is usually a 45-minute flight, the controller was able to establish radio contact. By that time, the plane had passed the airport at Hilo by 15 miles, and the controller ordered the flight crew to return.
                            The pilots were able to reverse course and landed safely at Hilo International Airport.
                            Go is an inter-island carrier run by Phoenix-based Mesa Air Group Inc. It declined to comment on the suspensions.

Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Comment

a few from NAS Pensacola
                              Attached Files

Comment

Heh, I'm living at the hanger right now!
                                '89 325i track sloot
                                '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Working...
                                X