No announcement yet.

Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gather that it s t-4? Was that a predecessor to the t38? Always had a boner for ther t38 since I saw them flying next to the Space Shuttle, and the pilot calling in the height above the runway in real time for them to land.

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I think it was a T45 Goshawk. I too like T38s, there were a couple of them there on display. Great plane. Still in use with the U2 pilots at Beale. (They are black, look for the BB designation on the tail. BB= Beale Bandits.) I thought the Thunderbirds were the best when they flew the T38s. I was bummed when the moved on to the F16s. The T38 was also the jet of choice for the SR-71 program pilots when they weren't flying SR-71s. They have very similar landing characteristics and speeds.

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

That is a T-45 Goshawk, replaced the TA-4 Skyhawks around 1996, that particular airplane is from NAS Kingsville is S. Texas. Great little airplane.

Comment

Originally posted by av8drvr View Post
          That is a T-45 Goshawk, replaced the TA-4 Skyhawks around 1996, that particular airplane is from NAS Kingsville is S. Texas. Great little airplane.
          I just noticed your screen name, I have some stuff I think you will like. Let me get them processed. Harriers are badass.

Will
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

They have very similar landing characteristics and speeds.
            Why is that? Small wing, so high stall speeds?

Totaly side note - I've been watching this guy build his own plane. He comes from the RC model world, and applying lot of the skills and techniques from that to build a bi-plane. Including electric motors and battery packs. Yikes. I give him a 50/50 chance the motors will have enough thrust. TLDR - it's a bi-plane made with home depot foam, 3mm plywood, and coating of glass matt and epoxy.

Part 6 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6sy5bt4D-Y
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I just noticed your screen name, I have some stuff I think you will like. Let me get them processed. Harriers are badass.

Will
              Your photos are amazing. If you have any Harrier pictures I would love to see them posted.

Comment

Ask and you shall receive. I only got a couple done last night.

Will
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Excellent! Are those recent? I last flew one of those beasts in 2006 and we were phasing those "night attack" birds out then. Yuma guys loved them but as an east coast Marine I was partial to the radar bird. Such an ugly yet fantastic airplane.

Comment

Your photos are amazing. If you have any Harrier pictures I would love to see them posted.
                    did you live in kingwood? seems like my son and i bought a set of wheels from you a couple years ago?
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Yes I did and yes you did. I moved to Ohio in 2014 for work and have been shivering ever since. Still driving the 318iS on good weekends summer commutes, though I am in the middle of a timing re-build right now on the M42. My old house survived Harvey but we have a lot of old friends who lost everything, quite tragic. I hope you all did well, i was tracking those I knew in the area via this site. Are you still in Humble/Atascocita?

Comment

Excellent! Are those recent? I last flew one of those beasts in 2006 and we were phasing those "night attack" birds out then. Yuma guys loved them but as an east coast Marine I was partial to the radar bird. Such an ugly yet fantastic airplane.
                        I shot those at the Reno Air Races last month. On one of the days the pilot did the whole routine with the nose gear hanging out. (I have pics of that as well) There were 3 AV8s at Reno this year. Far more entertaining to see than an F35 or something like that.

Will
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Yes I did and yes you did. I moved to Ohio in 2014 for work and have been shivering ever since. Still driving the 318iS on good weekends summer commutes, though I am in the middle of a timing re-build right now on the M42. My old house survived Harvey but we have a lot of old friends who lost everything, quite tragic. I hope you all did well, i was tracking those I knew in the area via this site. Are you still in Humble/Atascocita?
                          We are still there. No damage thankfully. One street over and about 10 feet lower in elevation, we had about 6 homes in our neighborhood flood. Only a few inches though. Really sorry to hear about your friends. The one story homes in the river’s flood path had it the worst. We have a thread here from a couple months ago where I posted some storm pics. I think it was titled “hurricane”.

I can’t believe it was 3+ years ago that I last crossed paths with you. Crazy how fast time passes. Good to hear from you. Glad you are doing well. Stay warm up there. Ohio state sux! Lol
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Did my second trip in the 787 this past weekend to Cancun:

Opposite our stand were two of these old things. Amazing how much the 787 is in a different world to even the NG in terms of technology, let alone compared to a -200.

Somewhere close to Savannah, we followed the east coast all the way up to Gander where we took an oceanic track (albeit above the assigned levels) to Shannon, Ireland.

Myrtle Beach

Pretty good tailwind.

Comment

Nice.....winds aloft have been kicking around here as of late. Had about 250@70 knots at FL280-300 this afternoon offshore of VA beach.......guessing more up high
                              e92 M3
                              e30 M3 s52 swap
                              w203 C240 wagon (DD)
                              190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

Comment

Yup, we had 100+ knots tail from pretty much North Florida to Newfoundland Sunday at FL390. Pretty bumpy, but it took an hour out of our flight time.

Comment

Working...
                                X