No announcement yet.

Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as far as i know, UPS is the only u.s. airline left that flies 3 engine airplanes.

yes, those are awesome pics will. i love that darn ov-10 bronco!!!!
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

A few more shots from Reno this year.

Will
      Last edited by BlackbirdM3; 11-11-2019, 12:50 PM. Reason: can't get the pics to work right
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        as far as i know, UPS is the only u.s. airline left that flies 3 engine airplanes.

yes, those are awesome pics will. i love that darn ov-10 bronco!!!!
        I should prob know this, but is FDX now done with MD-11 ops? I know they have been expanding the 767 and 777 fleets, didn't know it had left the line yet though.
        e92 M3
        e30 M3 s52 swap
        w203 C240 wagon (DD)
        190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

Comment

Originally posted by FLYNAVY View Post

I should prob know this, but is FDX now done with MD-11 ops? I know they have been expanding the 767 and 777 fleets, didn't know it had left the line yet though.
          well, i just looked it up on wiki. apparently, they do still have md-10's and md-11's mostly to be phased out by 2021 and replaced with 767's and triple 7's. i was thinking they were all retired.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

In unrelated aviation news, just passed my multiengine ATP check ride tonight. Pretty excited to have that out of the way! A320 FTW. Very nice airplane to "fly" (or simulate). Even a dumb Hornet guy like me can learn it :)
            e92 M3
            e30 M3 s52 swap
            w203 C240 wagon (DD)

Comment

fuck yeah!!!! huge milestone! congratulations man.

did you just get hired at a regional or is this one gratis ala uncle sam?

my son just finished up his restricted ATP a couple days ago in dallas.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Via Uncle Sam. Now time to start submitting apps. Congrats to your kid too, and thanks!
                e92 M3
                e30 M3 s52 swap
                w203 C240 wagon (DD)

Comment

nice. where you gonna apply?
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

nice. where you gonna apply?
                    Pretty much everywhere, but my #1 is Alaska. DAL is a close #2. I'm moving to whidbey island for my navy reserve job, so being SEA based (or at least commutable from there) would be awesome. Beggars can't be choosers though!
                    e92 M3
                    e30 M3 s52 swap
                    w203 C240 wagon (DD)

Comment

Pretty much everywhere, but my #1 is Alaska. DAL is a close #2. I'm moving to whidbey island for my navy reserve job, so being SEA based (or at least commutable from there) would be awesome. Beggars can't be choosers though!
                      It's been a long while since we were both stationed at Miramar at the same time (I am pretty confident that's a true statement), but I am glad to see that you are still flying and having a good time with it! Congrats man!
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Getting an airline job is kind of like being in a room full of supermodels. You are gonna start with the prettiest one and ask for a date first, then you go around the room and choose the first one that says yes.

have you been to the panty party(wia), the African American fest(obap), and the pole smoking gala(ngpa)?
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

It's been a long while since we were both stationed at Miramar at the same time (I am pretty confident that's a true statement), but I am glad to see that you are still flying and having a good time with it! Congrats man!
                          Thanks brother, yeah that was a while ago now! Glad to see you are still active over here. Still in the Corps?
                          e92 M3
                          e30 M3 s52 swap
                          w203 C240 wagon (DD)

Comment

Getting an airline job is kind of like being in a room full of supermodels. You are gonna start with the prettiest one and ask for a date first, then you go around the room and choose the first one that says yes.

have you been to the panty party(wia), the African American fest(obap), and the pole smoking gala(ngpa)?
                            Unfortunately my timeline really hindered that.....for the last 20 months, up until I got back a month ago, I was busy doing pre deployment workups and then an overseas deployment flying on the boat, so I didn't have the luxury until now. I have a couple months until I am officially "out", so trying to play catchup with that stuff. I know the ones you mention are pretty big for getting the call. And your analogy seems to line up with what everyone has told me.....cast a wide net, take the first offer, then get picky from there. That's my gameplan.
                            e92 M3
                            e30 M3 s52 swap
                            w203 C240 wagon (DD)

Comment

well, being military will certainly help your cause. being a fighter guy is kind of like the creme in the eclair so to speak. i think american's application specifically has a box to check if you flew fighters. right next to the box for space shuttle pilot.

still though....they generally like to see a hot minute of 121 time. you might consider a regional for a few months if you get to your separation date but haven't gotten to third base(with the super model)

i haven't been through that end of the process in quite a few years, but it seems like there are two application programs out there. the one american and southwest use, and AirApps for just about everyone else. i would suggest selecting every 121 on airapps. getting some interview experience at a company you would never want to work for is a great way to take the pressure off.

i help do pilot interviews occasionally(about once every other month), so i can offer some insight when the time comes. you are welcome to shoot me a pm.
                              Last edited by flyboyx; 11-21-2019, 10:57 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Thanks brother, yeah that was a while ago now! Glad to see you are still active over here. Still in the Corps?
                                It definitely was! A lifetime ago it feels like.

I am not. Got out in 2012, got an engineering degree, and now I have my own firm.

Much better lifestyle now. Haha
                                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                                X