Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow... Hippies and feeling good about themselves...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow... Hippies and feeling good about themselves...

As the criticism of Whole Food's wind power cards (created in partnership with Renewable Choice Energy) has shifted a bit from the nature o...

So I saw that someone who will remain nameless purchased one of these. I read the card and realized what this person has done is make a donation to an energy company so they can use it to build wind energy generators so they can SELL the power and make money... Wow.

I bet people feel good about themselves.

Anyone want to buy a gift card for Natural Methane Gas Production?

Great find.
    Silly hippies. And I live smack dab in the middle of them.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
      Great find.
      I was born part hippie.

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
        I was born part hippie.

A native of the area?
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

In the mid sixties I was looking for other opportunities as the "beat" world was getting a little old. There were a lot of "job openings" for hippies and I liked the work and the excellent fringe benefits. You could walk across the campus of midwestern liberal arts colleges smoking a joint and people thought someone was burning leaves. It was also great to be a part of history, dropping acid with several thousand other people in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco on the day that LSD became illegal.
          It is doubtful that there ever were "hippies" as the term even then was very vague. They were everything from Psychedelic Rangers, Hog Farmers, Diggers, and Deadheads to 16 year old runaways from Dayton, Ohio. Since then it has been spun and used for any number of disparate purposes and used to describe so many different types of people that it is meaningless. It's fitting that it should also be a marketing tool for wannabes, has beens, never weres.
          Imagine a time when there was no Aids, Herpes or Hepatitis C. Birth control was widely available and safe. Marijuana and LSD were cheap, high quality and not controlled by organized crime.
          I see where Whole Foods is in on that deal. Here in Austin where the company started it's called whole paycheck. I doubt you are a hippie, if you can afford to shop at Whole foods. It's more of a yuppie singles bar with a produce section.
          The synapse has been zapped for the thought that should go here.
          "Are you experienced?"

Comment

I would say it is self righteous individuals that need to feel good about themselves... Maybe not a "hippie" per the definition but certainly a way you can feel good about yourself.

Comment

Great find.
              ditto.
              PNW Crew
              90 m3
              06 m5

Comment

Great find.
                Josh, explain your sig? I keep trying to understand it, but I cant. I dont know too much about American football but I want to know what it means. ;)

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

A native of the area?
                  Yessir. My mom is half hippie and my dad is half hippie. I guess that makes me half hippie as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                    Josh, explain your sig? I keep trying to understand it, but I cant. I dont know too much about American football but I want to know what it means. ;)

Mariano

It's old news over here but I hate the Patriots. The coach was caught cheating by using video to video other coaches play signals to help him win games.
                    Normally the video camera wouldn't be there.

Comment

Yessir. My mom is half hippie and my dad is half hippie. I guess that makes me half hippie as well.

Only if you sit in front of cars and get run over.

Comment

ummm....

hippie? can`t we come up with some new genre`s?

join the E30 Cabrio owners gruppe
                        click here for details

Comment

Left Wing Nut Job?

:)

Comment

No, that makes you 1/4 hippie.

Closing SOON!
                            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

People want to invest in renewable energy sources. So what? The monetary ROI on saving the environment is very low... but that's not what it's all about.

I can pay more on my current power bill to ensure that a portion of it comes from renewable sources.
                              Originally posted by Gruelius
                              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Working...
                              X