"The most free society"?
I wonder what you make of, say, Italy, France, UK, Belgium, Danemark, Netherlands etc. I understand your point of asking not to continuously hit on America, but your own comments on America being the best country in the world, obviously begs for nothing less than perfection. Which it is not necessarely what it is. Better be a rich white man in good health, than a sick and poor black/hispanic woman. Nobody would claim that the US is a fascist state, but it is not heaven either. There are problems, as with any other country.
Yes, Bush is a total idiot. Not for being himself (totally uneducated, selfish, single-visionned little brat), but for representing some politicians and industrialists who think that the US is the spear of "freedom and democracy" and therefore owns the world for the sole purpose of making money.
American Exceptionalism
Collapse
X
-
I don't know if it's just houston or what - but people are wasteful, inconsiderate, gluttonous, and litter a lot - all the while posessing an overwhelming sense of self satisfaction.Leave a comment:
-
I think the country is great - but the people are making it shitty to live in.Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedThank you for stepping up and making this post. This absolutely 100% true. Instead of making use of what American has to offer, many generally trash this country saying it isn't good enough. This country is what you put into it, it call be everything you want, or as little as you want.Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-
I agree totally but be prepared to be hit with the "it's never good enough, focus on the next thing we can improve" philosophyLeave a comment:
-
American Exceptionalism
Here is a thread about how great America really is.
It seems as though every thread that people post in do nothing but discuss how terrible and generally bad we, as Americans, are in this world.
This thread is from the standpoint that, though we ARE NOT PERFECT, we live in the most free society on the planet and MANY other people on this earth benefit GREATLY from our existance/presence.
If you don't like America, fine. I understand why you are upset. I'm not happy with everything either. But this thread is a tribute to the fact that we DO live in the most free society this world offers. You can say "BUSH IS AN IDIOT!" or whatever else you want to espouse and suffer zero consequences (as it should be). You can be upset about liberalism, conservatism, the economy, the occupation, etc. None of which will get you jailed or condemned.
The USA won WWII, rebuilt most of western europe after WWII, has agreements to be fighting allies to Cananda and a host of other first world countries in the event of military conflict - and we still get shit on.
Be proud of your country. I pay my taxes, bitch about my government, and wish that certain things were different just like many do - but this is still the greatest place to live even though it has its flaws.
If it wasn't great - why would so many immigrants flock here.
I just ask that people think positively for a moment and reflect on the basic GOOD that is in this society and world because of the United States of America.
/rantTags: None

Leave a comment: