In Chandler, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Chandler, AZ

Just got into my room, they got me staying at the San Marco Golf Resort. Pretty nice so far.

Alot better than 2 weeks ago when i was in Des Moines, Iowa.

I don't think ill have trouble finding anything to do here, but feel free to make any suggetions!

I'm off..

I was just in Scottsdale and enjoyed barhopping though the college town. Very clean place. Ate at a great sushi restaurant named RA.
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I stay there all the time for work.

My 1st suggestion is to try Rubio's, they've got great fish taco's. The rest of the stuff at Rubio's is pretty awesome too. There might be one closer to that hotel but I'd usually hit the LA fitness on Chandler Rd and I10 and then stop by the Rubio's just north of there on Ray.

Sign Up for Rewards and Earn points for free Rubio’s! Sign In Sign In Sign In the best parties happen in baja. From game-day watch parties, to large corporate meetings, to

I'm getting hungry just thinking about it, I'll be out there is a few weeks.

Comment

you know that next to the resort there's a great mexican food restaurant called ZOCALO they got 100's of tequila brand you need to check it out

Comment

watch out for drinking and driving if you go bar hopping. we have the toughest DUI laws in the country, and there is pretty much no way to plea out of them! we are a 0 tollerance state. so they can get you for just 1 drink!

let me know if you venture into scottsdale

greg
          seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

check out Mill Ave. in Tempe. College scene that's walking distance from ASU... incredible scenery. They have a RA there, it's a pretty good time, but sushi in the middle of the desert makes me skeptical. drink enough alcohol to make sure the fish is properly sanitized ;-) But seriously, it's a great place. North Scottsdale is more the "Up and coming professional" scene where people try to impress each other with money. Plan on spending a lot if you go there, but it's really nice and the girls are beautiful.

Also, check out the sketchy mexican restaurants that seem to pop up everywhere- great food for cheap, and less "white-guy" influence than Rubios (bit that's pretty good too). Try Filiberto's (also known as Aliberto's and Flavio's in some parts of the valley).

If you can travel, try to get up to Sedona or Flagstaff. It's cooler up there, and both places are beautiful. Flagstaff is small with a kickin downtown that's a lot more laid-back than Mill or Scottsdale, and Sedona is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

Sedona:

not Sedona, but still pretty:
            sigpic89 M3

Comment

San Marcos right off Chandler and Arizona Ave correct? My friend actually lives about a 1/4 mile away from there, and I'm about 10 miles away over in Mesa. My two recommendations, both within walking distance, are San Tan Brewery(it's just around the corner) and Sushi Eye(if you like some amazing sushi). San Tan has some absolutely phenomenal food. Try the sliders, and if you are a beer drinker and a fan of Hefe, I have not found a better one yet.

BTW, what are you in town for?

Comment

Navy,

Thats exactly were I was talking about. West Coast women look much different than their counter parts here on the East Coast. Seems like everyone is on some episode of a MTV reality show.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                  Navy,

Thats exactly were I was talking about. West Coast women look much different than their counter parts here on the East Coast. Seems like everyone is on some episode of a MTV reality show.
                  I spent a year at ASU... believe me, I know. Girls that make Paola from the other video thread look average are walking around in bikinis and Ugg boots in December.

Why the fuck did I leave again??

ninja edit:

check out a bar on Mill called the Library. And, they have a kick-ass bar underneath it called the "Big Bang"- coolest piano bar I've ever been in. Lots of drunk, horny chicks dancing, funny shit, different atmosphere that's still upbeat and fun.
                  sigpic89 M3

Comment

Stay wherever there's air conditioning.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by NavyE30 View Post
                      I spent a year at ASU... believe me, I know. Girls that make Paola from the other video thread look average are walking around in bikinis and Ugg boots in December.

Why the fuck did I leave again??

ninja edit:

check out a bar on Mill called the Library. And, they have a kick-ass bar underneath it called the "Big Bang"- coolest piano bar I've ever been in. Lots of drunk, horny chicks dancing, funny shit, different atmosphere that's still upbeat and fun.
                      Big Bang is a lot of fun, but fuck Mill for the most part. I can't stand most of the typical frat boy college douche bags that are associated with that area. Only other place I do enjoy going to on Mill is Rula Bula, or Bison Wiches(but thats more of a sandwich shop that sells alcohol.)

Scottsdale is fun, but only in small doses. Because you take the douchebags from ASU, multiply by 10x the amount of douchebaggery and you're left with a 30k millionaire who thinks he's the hottest shit around...and everyone should know it. Then you get stuck in a room full of these types of people and the level of douchebagginess begins to go off the scale of Jeremy Clarkson's Cock-O-Meter.

My

Comment

come on now, I enjoyed the mill. Also I did this as well there. Dillon Weaponry is in Scottsdale AZ and they make the Dillon Aero. Link below. During the week days they give tours of the plant. I went when I was there. Saw a road runner in the parking lot. Have not seen one of them for at least 20 years.

Link to video

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                          come on now, I enjoyed the mill. Also I did this as well there. Dillon Weaponry is in Scottsdale AZ and they make the Dillon Aero. Link below. During the week days they give tours of the plant. I went when I was there. Saw a road runner in the parking lot. Have not seen one of them for at least 20 years.

Link to video
                          Like I said, not all Mill is bad, there are some pretty cool places, just a lot of douchebags haha.

That minigun is fucking sick, talk about making it rain.

Comment

Originally posted by stevofthahill View Post
                            Big Bang is a lot of fun, but fuck Mill for the most part. I can't stand most of the typical frat boy college douche bags that are associated with that area. Only other place I do enjoy going to on Mill is Rula Bula, or Bison Wiches(but thats more of a sandwich shop that sells alcohol.)

Scottsdale is fun, but only in small doses. Because you take the douchebags from ASU, multiply by 10x the amount of douchebaggery and you're left with a 30k millionaire who thinks he's the hottest shit around...and everyone should know it. Then you get stuck in a room full of these types of people and the level of douchebagginess begins to go off the scale of Jeremy Clarkson's Cock-O-Meter.

My
                            i agree, and i live there! one of my sole purposes in living there is to piss these guys off.

if you try south scottsdale, there are some pretty cool dive bars there. patty's place, gilligan's, and DJ's are all pretty cool and in downtown scottsdale. if you see a bunch of guys making kissy faces while taking pics, popped collars, and fau hawks, waiting to get in line outside a bar, it is an assbag hang out
                            Last edited by der affe; 04-28-2008, 04:37 PM.
                            seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Comment

Originally posted by stevofthahill View Post

My

West Valley>East Valley

Have as much fun as you can.

We have Bison Witches in Tucson and it kicks ass so I bet it does in Tempe
                              1985 BMW 325e
                              1997 BMW M3/4/5
                              2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Working...
                              X