Insurace question Need input?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurace question Need input?

So today at about 3:00pm I am driving to the Depot. I pull into the parking lot that I have been in a hundreed times and put along at 20 mph. My brother who is ridding shotgun yells "look out". Slam I hit a brand new unmarked speed bump at 20mph. The crap part is the parking lot had speed bumps but they removed them and left nice fresh asphalt spots where the old speed bumps where. Then they put the new one on the black spots and that spelled doom for my hood. I honestly never saw the damn thing. The impact sent my engine (rubber mounts) up into my hood and put my allignment somwhere near f-ed. I am trying to figure out what to do next anyone else ever had this happen? Input needed. I love my insurance company but they love to raise my rates.
    1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
    5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Dont mind the paper it is there for dating purposes like a hostage situation.

Comment

The pictures were taken just a few minutes ago the direction I was traveling was the same as the SUV but at 3:30pm facing due west (sun at high altitude is f-ing blinding,like pull over because you cant see nothing blinding)

Comment

so you were in the parking lot? if you were, don't tell them you were doing 20mph. typically you need to go to the store mgr or district mgr (nicely) and inform them of what happend and ask of there is anything they are willing to do. in this case, the local PD will be more than likely useless since it was private property. but then again, it all depends on the value of the damage. for that you must check local law. if Home Depot is uncooperative, then go pay the $25 or $50 to file a small claim suit for property damage. Once you do that, the corporate office will probably settle as it is not worth their time to go to court over some piddly bullshit like that.

Hope that helps.

***edit***
        find out who owns the parking lot. this is a ton of trouble for something like that BTW.
        Originally posted by jrhaile
        For the record I have never fucked a goat.

Comment

^ yep, private lot so you might not get shit

Comment

ninja edit
            Last edited by dvmotorsports; 05-17-2008, 09:22 PM.
            Originally posted by jrhaile
            For the record I have never fucked a goat.

Comment

20 was a guess but anyway as you can see it is a steet within the lot I spoke to a guy who worked for the building crew (they are still building facilities) and he stated that an outside agency put the speed bumps in. Anyway I will take it to my body shop and have them quote for a new hood and liner. The reason I say new hood is because it streched the hell out of the metal and I dont think you can every get to look right after it streches that far. Maybe I will put some of my own money in and finaly get the cf one I wanted. Thanks.

Comment

Danm I just checked the motor mounts and the rubber is split in half. Engine is freebird.

Comment

Working...
                X