I just got kinda chewed out by my potential new boss

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Massive Lee
    replied
    Schmidty, you are still young and while you think you know everything, there's still a lot that a new job can teach you. If I were you, I would take the job and learn as much as possible. You will probably grow with the company, because he company is you and the other guy... Take that job and show your new employer as much enthusiasm as possible. Put all that experience in your baggage for your next job. Don't email your prospective employer. Have lunch if he is local.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    ^Yes!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ray Smoodiver
    replied
    I am a millionaire. It's a weird thing to hear, right? I'll tell ya. It's a weird thing to say. I am a fucking millionaire. I am a fucking millionaire.

    And guess how old I am. Twenty-seven. You know what that makes me here? A fuckin' senior citizen. This firm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine. Lucky for me, I'm very fucking good at my job, or I'd be out of one. You guys are the new blood. You're gonna go home with the kessef. You are the future big swinging dicks of this firm.

    Now, you all look money hungry, and that's good. Anybody tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't fuckin' have any. They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fuckin' smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby.

    You want details? Fine. I drive a Ferrari 355 Cabriolet. What's up? I have a ridiculous house in the South Fork. I have every toy you could possibly imagine. And best of all, kids, I am liquid

    Leave a comment:


  • schmidty
    replied
    Originally posted by joshh
    What do you call it when someone actually screams at you?

    Congrats on the job. It doesn't sound like you're all that excited about it. He's probably hoping you stay a while but expects you to leave in a short while.
    it's actually quiet the opposite but thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • James Crivellone
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidty
    So how much do you make now? :D
    Well, I'm an I.T. Director for an international channel sales company, so I'll let you imagine.

    Way more then most 24 year olds without college need to make.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    "Step into my office. Why? Cause you're fuckin' fired!"

    Leave a comment:


  • joshh
    replied
    What do you call it when someone actually screams at you?

    Congrats on the job. It doesn't sound like you're all that excited about it. He's probably hoping you stay a while but expects you to leave in a short while.

    Leave a comment:


  • schmidty
    replied
    Originally posted by James Crivellone
    I.T. is a very congested field, without College I started at 31k and worked my way up, if I had a Comp Sci degree I would of been at around 45k starting.

    This was in 2001, so add probably around 10k to those prices.
    So how much do you make now? :D



    Originally posted by s0urce
    There's definitely a correlation between the Size/Type of the Company and the Salary you'll get. How large is this company? What exactly do they do?
    They provide the IT infrastructure, like those of very large companies, to smaller and mid-sized companies who can't afford to do it themselves. So basically companies would come to us for outsourcing their IT work.
    They're a startup... 2employees (i think) :D This is the guys 2nd company, he sold the 1st in India. I'm really not to concerned with the salary because if the company takes off I'll be taking off with them. He told me about 2 dozen times that he's looking for someone to grow with the company into a managerial (is that a word?) position.

    Leave a comment:


  • s0urce
    replied
    There's definitely a correlation between the Size/Type of the Company and the Salary you'll get. How large is this company? What exactly do they do?

    Leave a comment:


  • backtrail69
    replied
    Yea, well I made 5.3k last year. Beat that! Part Time work and Full time school FTL! (regarding income)

    Leave a comment:


  • James Crivellone
    replied
    I.T. is a very congested field, without College I started at 31k and worked my way up, if I had a Comp Sci degree I would of been at around 45k starting.

    This was in 2001, so add probably around 10k to those prices.

    Leave a comment:


  • schmidty
    replied
    Originally posted by s0urce
    Better than getting chewed out by your current boss I suppose.
    true... he was actually pretty cool about it.... little bit of an email miscommunication. :D

    Leave a comment:


  • schmidty
    replied
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    congrats

    now, hook me up with some wireless interwebz at the new house......

    ;)

    aren't you still on dial-up out there :p

    Leave a comment:


  • s0urce
    replied
    Better than getting chewed out by your current boss I suppose.

    Leave a comment:


  • Charlie
    replied
    Originally posted by silversleeper
    OMG, how do you guys survive thinking that 50k is a lot of money. If he has a degree, and some experience, I don't see why he isn't making AT LEAST 60k.

    But then again, it is Clayton, NC of all places. I don't know shit bout that area.
    Because it isn't the MD/NoVA/DC area, I imagine you can buy a house in his area for less than 700k, and a 1 bdrm apt for less than 1400 bucks a month.

    50k in most parts of the country is a pretty healthy wage.

    -Charlie

    Leave a comment:

Working...